ATC problem

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I was flying the c-172 around at my local airport, HLN. I was told to take off of rwy 27(the main rwy), but we also have a rwy 34. The wind was 014, at 4. In real life when I'm taking a flight lesson we use 34, but in FS they make me use 27, regaurd less of the wind. Is this a game mess up, or is just the crappy ATC. 😞

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Your correct to use runway 34. If the winds are less than 5 knots, real ATC will sometimes clear you to a runway that has a tailwind component. This is usually because the runway is very long or it is in use because it has the best navaids installed in conjuction with it. Sometimes it's just the runway that they perfer for thier traffic flow. You are the Pilot and they only clear you to a runway. You can request another runway and/or refuse to use the one they want you to. They should give you a reason why you can't use another runway. If the tailwind componet or size of the runway is not within you comfort level, don't take off. I know that this is an old post that never was answered. I hope that you see this. Just trying to help were I can. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...