Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Those stupid view labels keep coming back!

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

I really hate those stupid labels in the tops of the view windows. they end up in my videos when i dont want them there. I turn them off and the next time i look they are back. Is there a .cfg file i can change a value in that will banish those view labels from my simulator? I mean like, I KNOW im in cockpit view, I KNOW when im in top down ect... I dont want to see them ever again! is there an exorcist out there that can help me?

SoCalRick Guest

megafoot wrote:

Is there a .cfg file i can change a value in that will banish those view labels from my simulator?

Hi MegaFoot,

You can add "hideinfotext=0" under [MAIN] to get rid of most of that text, but what I like to do for movie making is use a modified version of the language.dll file, which gets rid of all the ugly red text and even cleans up everything else (including the green text bar when opening/closing doors, folding wings, using tailhook, etc). Here's a link to the file on AVSIM:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=messagekill.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Please keep in mind that if your flight resets you have probably overstressed the aircraft but didn't realize it because the message has been suppressed, lol.

You can backup your original language.dll and swap it back and forth with the modified one at will.

Hope this helps you make cleaner movies (ahem, you know what I meant!), fellow FS videographer!

--Rick

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

Great advice Smile thats just the sort of thing ima looking for. I really appreciate it SoCal Smile