Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

BIG favor to ask of anyone near/in Germany

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hey guys. I've got a massive favor to ask anyone near or living in Germany. As most of you know, I'm a huge fan of the folksinger Heino. But I have been unable to get any recent news about him. Do any of you think it could be possible to find some recent news as to what he's up to? By recent, I mean what happened late 2004 untill now?

I thank anyone who will reply to this with information for me, it's really important to me. I suppose you could call Heino my hero or something along those lines.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I'll see if I can dig up any info when I fly down to Europe.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

Very Happy You could call his office -here´s the link
http://www.heino.de/

Pro Member Chief Captain

I know that site, I don't think it'd be a good idea, because I don't know enough german to talk to them good.

Pro Member Trainee
Skymuncher Trainee

Sorry I am living in America this year but I will go back to Switzerland in a month and a half. I'll try to find something at that time...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I've had a look around on some websites, but havn't found much Sad Sorry

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

I know that site, I don't think it'd be a good idea, because I don't know enough german to talk to them good.

I dont think you enough English either. Talk to them good?! Damn you need to pay attention a bit more in school.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

It would take too long to proof read everything before you post it. Wink

And what do you care?!

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Guest - see if you understand this English :-

You are a complete and utter COWARD for posting that super-bitchy comment anonymously.

If you are not already a women, I suggest you have a sex change operation immediately, so you can take up the title of "Chief Bitch".

No offence to the fairer sex.

You do seriously need some counselling or emotional help if you get enjoyment from putting nasty anonymous posts on community based web sites.

Okay, back to the show... Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Slightly harsh Rolling Eyes

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

I dont think you enough English either. Talk to them good?! Damn you need to pay attention a bit more in school.

I just love it when someone tries to get cute and then makes an idiot of themselves for the very thing they're pointing out in others. "I dont think you enough English either." Priceless!

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

ROFL
Ass

Nice one SoCalRick! Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain

LOL, you guys kill me! Thanks everyone, especially GPS-KID for defending me. I'd like to wonder if this person actually knows English as a language. He prolly translated it from some free site, because that's the type of thing I get when i do a german translation.

Rick Lee Guest

Hey guys. I've got a massive favor to ask anyone near or living in Germany. As most of you know, I'm a huge fan of the folksinger Heino. But I have been unable to get any recent news about him. Do any of you think it could be possible to find some recent news as to what he's up to? By recent, I mean what happened late 2004 untill now?

I thank anyone who will reply to this with information for me, it's really important to me. I suppose you could call Heino my hero or something along those lines.

Hi F_E_M,

I was in Germany when I read your post and it just so happened that the following day there was "Heino's 50th Jubilee" on TV. I sat down that evening with great anticipation ready to take notes and pass them on to you but unfortunately I couldn't get the chanel. In the lobby they didn't know what I was talking about and that was that. I'm sure that at that moment I felt more disappointed than you F_E_M. I was off to Singapore early the next day without a chance to scrounge around for any info. Sorry.

RE: ringing their office
It might be worth a try to ring, though most older Germans don't speak English, for the younger generation English is compulsary at school. Besides, anyone with any sense would staff a musicians site or office with personel that is bilingual at least.

Regards, Rick Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hooo wow Rick Lee! You came THAT close to viewing The Man on TV??? I envy you greatly! It's good to know he had a TV program, means he's healthy and still singing away! They did a televised birthday party for him when he turned 60, bit supposedly, it was kinda bad because no one really remembered what to say or do.

I think I will give them a ring. Just to see what's happening with Heino lately.

Thanks so much Rick!

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Well, I have no news yet. I was going to fly down with my father but he was called out on stand-by to Hong Kong a few days before the flight. We are back in South Africa now but I'm flying back down to Mauritius next Monday and I will hopefully go down Paris and get a bit of info. Although don't your hopes up yet, things may just go wrong again.