Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Throttlels stuck!!

Guest Guest

... on landing, take it off auto pilot and lost complete control of the throttles. Has anyone tried landing a 737 on 2500m runway with throttles stuck on 50%? Brakes and flaps only help so much.

Is this a glitch or is somthing automaticly turned on to with throttles that has to then be manually turned off for landing??

Thanks in advance

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ok, the most probable cause for your problem would be the Autothrottle, turn that off as well as the autopilot.

Also, did you notice a very lound sound like strong wind that went along with the throttles being stuck at 50%?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I had that problem on fs98. Turn autothrottle off and press F1.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

It might be that the 737 has a TOGA [Takeoff go around] feature like the airbus aircraft. Every now and again this feature enables itself thus you can not use the throttle unless you disengage the feature.

BashDaBish Guest

I am not sure if I am thinking of the same issue but I am aware of the throttle remaining at the autothrottle speed after disarming autothrottle. Easily resolved though by just nudging your throttle forward and then back.

Guest Guest

Good stuff guys, Auto throttle that must be it!

I didn't notice a loud sound like strong wind... What could that have been?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

That'd be the thrust reversers, reason I asked is because if you didn't know they were on there, you could have held down F2 and brought them down into reverse, which does push N1 up to around 50-60%.

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

I always turn off Auto-Throttle when I am established on the runway heading and on a long final. I always forgot to turn that bastard switch off Embarassed Surprised

FL050 wrote:

I always forgot to turn that bastard switch off Embarassed Surprised

Lesson learned 😀 ... I thought it may have been the thrust reversers so I checked them. and the were stuck in the forward postion. I was also trying to get into reverse thats when I first noticed the issue. I pushed F1 then held F2.... nothing, so yeah I guess it was Auto Throttle. Embarassed