Can the gauges folder get overcrowded?

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

When I delete an aircraft I would imagine the gauges for said aircraft would remain in the main FS9 gauges folder. Can this folder become overloaded with needless information? Is there any way to clean out unused gauges?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I have thousands and thousands of guages and useless poop in all of my FS folders and I havn't noticed any changes at all. Other than sifting through it, I don't think theres another way. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I've never had a problem with "left over" gauges and I have quite a few.
They make Gauge Cleaners but I've never used them, I don't want to take a chance just for some extra h/d space. (personal opinion)

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=gauge+cleaner&CatID=fs2004&Go=Search

Radar

SoCalRick Guest

I agree with RadarMan and 99jolegg. There are management programs for FS that will clean up all sorts of things, but I just don't like the thought of possibly getting rid of something that should be there. In a perfect world I'd have time to log each and every change to FS9 into a database, and then I'd be able to instantly see what it links to, etc. But no time for that so I just let the extra gauges and effects stay.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

You may find that over time some of the cockpit gauges will actually start stepping on eachothers' toes. I bought the FeelThere CRJ earlier this year and found the autopilot completely unusable (i.e., the click-spots weren't there, buttons not working propersly) because I had an earlier freeware gauge that was overlapping. Sifting through the forums to find which specific gauge files I needed to dump certainly was a pain!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...