Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

my pictures not showing in screenshot gallery

Pro Member Trainee
darian (vipor) Trainee

what could i be doing wrong. im loading it and it goes through fine but doesnt show up on the galery page.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Take a look at this post.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1098/upload-of-screenshots/

Radar

Ok, thanks. I was having that problem too.

Off Topic!
I get really slow frame rates, about 2-4 on the ground and 4-8 in the air. Do you think this will make it faster?
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/766/fs2004-frame-rate-fix/

Last edited by Sam (SamIntel) on Sat May 28, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi SamIntel,
What are your system specs? They are very low frame rates.

I downloaded it and it didn't improve anything at all, but I think it was TTT who had 10 or more frames higher with it.

Wink

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Hi SamIntel,
What are your system specs? They are very low frame rates.

I downloaded it and it didn't improve anything at all, but I think it was TTT who had 10 or more frames higher with it.

Wink

Dell DIMENSION DIM 2300
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80 GHz
1.79 GHz
256 MB of RAM

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

SamIntel wrote:

I get really slow frame rates, about 2-4 on the ground and 4-8 in the air. Do you think this will make it faster?
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/766/fs2004-frame-rate-fix/

Like Jon said, posting your system specs would be a great idea--that way others with similar specs can tell you how their frames compare. Also, if you can take shots of your display setting screens that would be awesome, as there are tweaks to be made there and also (possibly) by hand in your fs9.cfg file that can make a big difference. (As to the off topic thing, you'll have to decide where to post all this, lol!)

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

When I'm doing VFR my display setting are all the way up. When I'm doing IFR I keep them at default. When there're at default I get about 4-6 on the groung and about 6-10 in the air.

Specs:

Dell DIMENSION DIM 2300
Intel(R)
1.79 GHz
256 MB of RAM

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

SamIntel wrote:

When I'm doing VFR my display setting are all the way up. When I'm doing IFR I keep them at default. When there're at default I get about 4-6 on the groung and about 6-10 in the air.

Specs:

Dell DIMENSION DIM 2300
Intel(R)
1.79 GHz
256 MB of RAM

The low amount of RAM is a major bottleneck. What about your video card? Do you know whether it's an "onboard" card or AGP or...etc?

As to having the sliders maxed out, I can tell you that you can back off MIP Mapping (4 is sufficient) and you can uncheck Antialiasing, as this is something your graphics card should be handling. Also, what is your target frame rate set at, and what resolution is the game set for as compared to your Windows res?

Another way to pickup frames without losing anything (other than some cornball-looking chicken-on-a-stick food stands) is to go to this folder:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Autogen

And inside there is a single file called "default.xml" which you can rename or move. This will add frames dramatically over populated areas. Just exit FS9, rename that file, then restart the sim and check your frame rate.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well for higher FPS you'll have to lower the sliders considerably. Your system is struggling, maybe something to do with the low processor and low RAM. You would firstly need to upgrade your RAM and then maybe your processor. 512 MB would be a good starting point if you didn't want to spend too much money.

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sorry Rick didn't see your post Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

99jolegg wrote:

Sorry Rick didn't see your post Embarassed

That's an excellent point--the extra stick of 256K RAM would be a cheap upgrade and make a significant difference!

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

What about your video card? Do you know whether it's an "onboard" card or AGP or...etc?

No, I don't. Is there a way to find out?

I'll try the other things and see what happens.

Also, what is your target frame rate set at, and what resolution is the game set for as compared to your Windows res?

It's locked at 20 FPS.
My computers screen resolution is 1024x768. FS's is also 1024x768.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Go to www.belarc.com and download it and run it. It runs a full scan of your computer and tells you everything you could ever want to know about it Exclamation Very Happy. This will tell you about your video card.

You could try lowering the screen resolution, but this won't help too much because need more power Crying or Very sad . Keep your FPS locked at 20 aswell for now.
Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I have a LOT of great pics!!! I tried to put a few in. I noticed one went through a few days ago. It is an arial shot of Venice. The new Venice scenery. Anyhow, I found that if I place them in paint shop and reduce them , stretch, to 75% size, they go through.. I sent a few more. We'll see if they get through. Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Elkinallen wrote:

I have a LOT of great pics!!! I tried to put a few in. I noticed one went through a few days ago. It is an arial shot of Venice. The new Venice scenery. Anyhow, I found that if I place them in paint shop and reduce them , stretch, to 75% size, they go through.. I sent a few more. We'll see if they get through. Laughing

That was yours? Very cool, mate. Clapping

I wish we just had a forum here set up for screenies like most other boards. The instant gratification is much more fun.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I tried that d/load and did not see higher FPS but then agian I did not realy understand the install instructions Confused

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I'll download it and see what happens.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

SamIntel wrote:

Sam, that's not even necessary if you just go to your autogen folder and rename "default.xml" to "default.xmlBAK" it will accomplish the same thing (that is get rid of the chicken and fish stands, and other superfluous details. Note this mod won't change your FPS except when you are in or over populated areas.

Pro Member Trainee
darian (vipor) Trainee

i didnt know the web site reviews the pic before they post them . Smile

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

SoCalRick wrote:

SamIntel wrote:

Sam, that's not even necessary if you just go to your autogen folder and rename "default.xml" to "default.xmlBAK" it will accomplish the same thing (that is get rid of the chicken and fish stands, and other superfluous details. Note this mod won't change your FPS except when you are in or over populated areas.

Ok, I'll do that.
Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Post away! -Screenies are great to look at wherever they are shown.

Aloha Airlines B737-200 provisioning at PHTO/Hilo, Hawaii.