SearchSearch 

"No new FS this year" says microsoft

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Microsoft won't come out with FS2006 until next summer in 2006.
Here's the article, second one down:
http://www.justflight.com/en/(1gmn0445pttgdd45r0iuop55)/index.aspx

10 Responses

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

It is certainly for the best. I like microsoft's products when they choose to take their time, so this does bring joy to my heart. Also, the technology doesn't even seem to exist to the average consumer that can run FS9 fully laden in all of the graphics settings, so no rush to go improving them. This certainly offers us more time though to enjoy the new PMDG/PSS/LevelD products on their way!

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

originalgrunge wrote:

It is certainly for the best. I like microsoft's products when they choose to take their time, so this does bring joy to my heart. Also, the technology doesn't even seem to exist to the average consumer that can run FS9 fully laden in all of the graphics settings, so no rush to go improving them. This certainly offers us more time though to enjoy the new PMDG/PSS/LevelD products on their way!

Yes, I agree. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

not to burst your bubble. But there has already been a thread on this and most people already know 😉

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

twistedsucker wrote:

not to burst your bubble. But there has already been a thread on this and most people already know 😉

Embarassed
Sorry, didn't know. Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

No, it's alright. it's good to see that you care about us 🙂 . Anyway there are still people out there who still may not know. So you have nothing to be sorry about.

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Thnx SamIntel ! Regardless, things move fast here and I didn't see the other post mentioned, but now I have seen yours ! Thnx !! rob P.S. I too am not anxious as I am happy with my present rig. And a new FS will change all that... and I'll be $pending again in that futile effort to keep 'em flying "As Real As It Gets !" %#$@&*^%$# rob

Last edited by rob (Habu) on Sat May 28, 2005 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

SamIntel wrote:

twistedsucker wrote:

Embarassed
Sorry, didn't know. Embarassed

That's okay, I clicked here and I was the originator of the other thread, LOL! Anyway, it seems a couple of people in this thread were surprised so it doesn't hurt that it's not brand new news. The thing that gets me about Just Flight's announcement, however, is that they stand to profit from saying such a thing, not Microsoft, which makes the whole thing circumspect. They may even have to make a retraction.

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Not really a big deal for me. FS2004 has so many add-ons and such that FS2006, when first released, couldn't even keep up with FS2004. THe only thing I am looking for is updated graphics, the add-ons will take care of themselves.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

that means i have to save some more bucks to upgrade again( I just did a few months ago, cost me a fortune of course)
with all the addons my PC is sweating now even on fs2004 Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I think that previous post was before he got here though. I remember someting about it.