SearchSearch 

Brand new here... How do I add...

Pro Member Trainee
billygaz Trainee

Brand new here... How do I add aircraft I downloaded to FS2004?

12 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

billygaz wrote:

Brand new here... How do I add aircraft I downloaded to FS2004?

Hi Billy, welcome to the best flight sim forum on the 'net!

One of our mods prepared the explanation that answers your question perfectly just by following this link: https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask more if you need clarification.

Cheers,
--Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi, i am trying to install a replacement package in fs2004? Can anyone help - please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I am new! Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Hi Steve! Welcome to the forums. What package exactly is it that you are trying to install? I'm sure if you have more info, someone here will help you right away. The more information you supply, the better! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

It is the FS2004 B747-400 AI Replacement Pack that i am trying to install.

It is a Replacement for the default B747's Landmark, Soar, Pacifica, and World Travel with Air France, British Airways, Northwest, and Qantas. They are all flyable and will be replacement's for the default B747 AI aircraft. Does this help

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It does a bit, but do you know the maker and where you downloaded it from. I can only suggest you read the documentation that comes with it at the moment. There should be installation instructions with it. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain

It was by Tony Potter and i downloaded it from the civil aircraft section off fly away simulation! from steve 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hi,
I downloaded it and its very simple. Unzip the folder and you will find a file called "Aircraft" 2 texture files, i.e. 2 pics of 747s and a readme. The readme makes it sound complicated so don't bother with that for now.

Go to your FS9 folder and find the Aircraft folder with all of your aircraft in. There should be one in there called b747_400. Make a copy of it this and put it outside of the FS9 aircraft folder so you now have one inside the aicraft folder and one outside. Now go to the downloaded folder and open the "Aircraft" folder. It should have the new b747_400 file in with the new textures. Copy this whole new b747_400 file into the Aircraft folder in the FS9 folder and click "Yes to all" when it asks if you would like to overwrite. This means you now have the new textures and a back up file in the main FS folder if you don't like the new textures.

To put it simply, just paste the new b747_400 file that you just downloaded into the FS9 aircraft folder and overwrite it. Make sure you backup the original first.

Hope it helps 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks alot jon - you've made my day!!!!! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jon, do tou know how to install the replacement package for the 737 edition - i did what the installation intructions said but it didn't seem to work! Thanks , Steve

Pro Member Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Thanks alot jon - you've made my day!!!!! 😀

No problem

Pro Member Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Hi,
I downloaded it and its very simple. Unzip the folder and you will find a file called "Aircraft" 2 texture files, i.e. 2 pics of 747s and a readme. The readme makes it sound complicated so don't bother with that for now.

Go to your FS9 folder and find the Aircraft folder with all of your aircraft in. There should be one in there called b747_400. Make a copy of it this and put it outside of the FS9 aircraft folder so you now have one inside the aicraft folder and one outside. Now go to the downloaded folder and open the "Aircraft" folder. It should have the new b747_400 file in with the new textures. Copy this whole new b747_400 file into the Aircraft folder in the FS9 folder and click "Yes to all" when it asks if you would like to overwrite. This means you now have the new textures and a back up file in the main FS folder if you don't like the new textures.

To put it simply, just paste the new b747_400 file that you just downloaded into the FS9 aircraft folder and overwrite it. Make sure you backup the original first.

Hope it helps 😉

Follow these instructions. I just downloaded it and did exactly the same and it worked. Only difference the b737_400 folder was inside another zipped folder which is in the first zipped folder, so just unzip everything, find the b737_400 folder and just replace the original. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks for your help , steve