Aeronautical charts

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Does anybody know of a site where I can view aeronautical carts online?
Thanks.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You could ask you instructor for his old charts. That's what I do and use for the simulator. You are probally concerned with other areas though than yours, right? I am kind of dissapointed though that on FS9 chart, they didn't include mountain peaks and obstructions ect. That would be a cool link. I thought I saw something like that in the past. I don't remember the link. When I googled it I couldn't find it either. RadarMan, how about working you magic? 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know what you guys want, I don't use them so I can just try.

These looked complicated enough to me so you might like them. Blink

http://user.chollian.net/~hwayon/fsim/

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

That is sort or what we're looking for, but on a smaller scale. They look like this, also known as sectional charts:

http://www.tech.purdue.edu/at/Courses/at285/images/laf%20area%20sectional%20chart.gif

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I know that the virtual world is lacking of free area charts, but if you're looking for approach/departure charts check www.myairplane.com. These keep all the lastest SID/STAR's in the database, as well as most of the local area NOTAMs.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

originalgrunge wrote:

I know that the virtual world is lacking of free area charts, but if you're looking for approach/departure charts check www.myairplane.com. These keep all the lastest SID/STAR's in the database, as well as most of the local area NOTAMs.

It also has VFR sectionals! 😀 That's just what I was looking for. But I can't get the map to Pan, or Zoom + & -. Can you guys?
Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

That's perfect originalgrunge! Thanks. 😀 It also has terminal area charts too! 👍 Thanks again!

Sam,
You have to click on the area that you want to zoom to. I'm not able to zoom into all that information at the top of the chart though. (I forget what that's called)

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

I went down to my local FBO and bought a few sectionals and WAC charts, but I do use this site a good bit for airport info.

http://www.naco.faa.gov/ap_diagrams.asp?search=LAS&stateSearch=&select=&submit1=Search

flyer152 Guest

what about viewing airport charts (plates) for instrument approches on-line? dose anyone know where.

airnav.com

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...