Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

T1?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Maybe! Tomorrow a man is coming over to check out our house for a possible wireless connection! Gone are the days of dialup for me...T1, hopefully Very Happy

Keep your fingers crossed for me everybody!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Once you get it you'll never go back to dial-up.
Good luck I hope he can do it. Thumbs Up!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah, I can't wait till tomorrow! I'm not sure when after that we'd be getting it if it can go through, but I'll be sure to post, because I think I have a few things some members have needed and I haven't been able to upload them due to the amout of time needed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Falconjgc has a wireless internet connection. He has problems with it. He looses his connection or something like that alot. It's anoyying when your trying to play a game or something like that. It is still alot better than the old dial-up. I had it on my old Windows 95. Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I've never heard of such a thing, what is it Question

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

A connection that's even fasted than ADSL, which is all I know about it. Anyway, good luck. I still have ADSL, i better get out of here before i get envious, na joking Smile Cool Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Mypilot, if he has wireless, he probably has a bad line of sight to the serving tower. That was one thing I was worried about, but my house is on a hill, and I think I can see 2 of the towers they use.

JVD- As far as the speeds go, there's obviously 56k dial-up, and for some unlucky few, a 28.8k dial up. When you get into the high speed internet, you can get the 128k, 256k, which is what I think most ADSL providers offer, and a 512k or T1. They also offer a 6.0MBPS connection, which is wickedly fast, and priced so that only businesses, or someone who won the lotto can get. I've even seen a 40MBPS connection offered, but for 1500$ a month, there's better things to spend cash on!

BashDaBish Guest

T1 isn't always faster than ADSL.........T1 is a 1.5mb connection that sends and receives at 1.5mb. ADSL receives faster than it can send ie 1.5mbps receive / 288kbps send.
ADSL can also come in different speeds anywhere upto 8mbps at the moment but the send speed will always be a fraction of the receive rate.

In summary, T1 is better for sending data (uploading) and reliability. But ADSL is better for downloading providing you get a package over 1.5mb.

Then theres T3 which is mad at 45mbps and the equivalent of 28 T1 lines!

Hope this helps

Pro Member First Officer

My internet connection is 512, BT does not have a maximum bandwidth usage limit so I can go on the internet as much as I want Smile . Anyway does anyone know any UK internet service provider that allows a 2mb internet connect with no monthly usage limit? Confused

BashDaBish Guest

You might find a few here Wink Arrow

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/summarylist.asp

Please note: costs are measured for a years access, contact the ISP for monthly cost or simply divide by 12.

BashDaBish Guest

Oh and BTW, the above list is not up to date unfortunately but it will give you an idea of the ISP's and their offerings.

Pro Member First Officer

thanks for the link Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

So now you're getting T1, huh? It is much better than dial-up. Everything is better than dial-up.
My internet connection is awesome! And it's really fast too.

Well, FEM, I hope you can get T1. You will never go back to the old dial-up. Wink

Guest FEM Guest

Update: From my house, I can see ALL of their towers!!! Next wednesday, the last day of school for me, is when they hook me up!

Twistedsucker: why would you NEED a 2.0Mbps connection?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I finished High School yesterday. No more school for me.

Well, I hope everything runs well. Good luck! Wink

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

CONGRADULATIONS ON GRADUATING Group Wave Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ah, thanks you JVD! Very Happy

Thumbs Up!