Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

A program.

Pro Member Captain
JVD Captain

What is FTP Question I want to know what this FTP is so badly that it almost feels vital for me to know what it is.

Pro Member First Officer
KurtPStevens First Officer

File Transfer Protocol: A standard method for sending files from one computer to another on TCP/IP networks such as the Internet. FTP is also the name of the command used to initiate transfer of files. Anonymous FTP is a common practice which permits users to access some parts of an FTP site without needing an account and password for the site. Access usually is gained by using the username "anonymous" or "ftp". By convention, the user should enter their e-mail address as the password.

Kurt
Maintain Thy Airspeed, Lest the Earth Should Rise Up and Smite Thee. Amen

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Fire transfer protocol. I use it to update and uploading things from my computer to the server for my website www.mktutorials.com. It's the same thing as uploading to a server but in a different way and with some kind of program. Most files from AVSIM are downloaded from FTP servers, and thats why when you're downloading, it does not show you the file size of the fill file. Hope that helped Smile

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Arggg you posted before me, oh well Embarassed