Strange Flight Plan....

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

I was trying to set up a flight from newark to france and FS gave me this extremely weird path to follow. They expected me to travel across the US all the way up north then cut back over. It seems like this path would take too long and I am sure I would run out of fuel. Is this path correct or did I do something wrong while setting it up?
Thank You

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

No you havn't done anything wrong, it does this for some reason, but you can click on the wayward points and delete them to make a smooth path from US to Europe. 😉

spuddi Guest

don't forget the principle of a "great circle" though.

check out http://gc.kls2.com/

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i have the problem too. if you do a transatlantic flight. pretty sure if you chose a high alt. route you fly west to north canada then east over the ocean

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

This is OFFICIALLY the 22nd time I've seen this post. Here's what you do.

1. When you make your flight path, INSTEAD of clicking on High Altitude Airways, just press DIRECT-GPS. You'll get a "Normal" and true to life flight path, instead of the queer-ass "grand tour" that you'd get otherwise.

Whoa, a one step guide, i'm on a roll!

BTW, I'm in NO way frustrated 😛, It's 1:30 AM here, and I can't sleep.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

BTW, I'm in NO way frustrated 😛, It's 1:30 AM here, and I can't sleep.

At least I'm in good company then, lol. I should have made my nickname InsomniacRick!

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

And me InsomniacMich 😳 I've been up for the last 4 hours. Not good.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

michlin wrote:

And me InsomniacMich 😳 I've been up for the last 4 hours. Not good.

We'll have to start a Fly Away Insomiac's Club.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

LOL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

sounds like a plan guys!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

That would be fun! 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...