Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

adware quarantine

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I have ad-ware SE personal on my computer. I was wondering if you are supposed to delete the stuff in the quarantined list?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You should probably check what is in the quarantine list, but 99% of the time, it is all viruses and stuff you don't want (to be technical 😂 ). I delete everything in the quarantine list for all my spy bots and Adware programs etc 😉

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I spent the entire day yesterday fixing my PC because I deleted a file on the quarantine list Embarassed. I seem to have a habbit of deleting things when I shouldn't. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain

Should I try it? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

The Adaware I have tells me the type of the file i.e. Data Miner which means I'd obviously want to get rid of it, if it doesn't them I'm not sure what you could do Umm...

tartan Guest

mypilot wrote:

I have ad-ware SE personal on my computer. I was wondering if you are supposed to delete the stuff in the quarantined list?

adware or ad-aware???

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/5838/virus-trojans-spam-and-now-phoney-anti-spyware-programs/

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

click on Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products

third one down is adware

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ad-ware. Sorry for the confusion.

tartan Guest

mypilot wrote:

Ad-ware. Sorry for the confusion.

Ad-ware, right?
i wonder where you got it from.. i cannot find it.

if you're running Ad-Aware by lavasoft however, the integrated HELP MENU tells you step by step what to do.

i leave the quarantened items in quarantene for some time just in case, then delete them gradually.

the HELP MENU is there for a reason 😳

ware:: plural wares - it's something you can touch - wares as in goods

aware:: is something you are [or perhaps not] Sleep

Pro Member Chief Captain

I've been deleting them. 😳 Thanks for the help.