Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Good bye all - and fair flight to you all !

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Friends,

I will be off-line from this forum after this posting.

It has been wonderful and I have the utmost respect for a HUGE number of people that contribute their experience on this, the best FS forum by a mile (a Nautical Mile of course).

I could never, ever in a zillion years have foresaw that someone on this forum could accuse me of "rape" in any context.

In the little island on which I live, you simply do not use words like that to describe someone's actions on a forum. Of course, I took "Greekman72's" comments too personally, I know that... It's a development area of mine.

Greekman72 - It's a big shame that the only posting I ever saw from you was your comments about how you thought I must be afraid of "Doom" .... I never caught any of your Flight related contributions to this site.

FEM - All I will say is that you truly missed the spirit of what everyone was saying on that thread. The reality was you had lot's of decent people encouraging you but you turned it into a "Get off my back, I'll do what I want" sort of rage..... For god's sake, delete FS9 from your hard drive and forgive us all for suggesting otherwise.

I will miss a lot of people on this forum, I wish you all the best. I want to assure you, this is NOT a thread started to get attention, sympathy or to be made a martyr.... I'm just not prepared to be made to feel the way I do by use of such disgusting, disgraceful words like "rape".

Anyone who wants help, advice or discussion about "true sim" add-ons like Level D 767, PMDG, PSS, etc, etc can always drop me a line to :-

davidrogersA340@fsmail.net

(This email address wil self destruct in about 5 days 😉 ).

All the best 😎

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

How long will you be gone?and why exactly are you going?and dont go please Crying or Very sad

Dear friend

You persist by continuing giving characterisms to people and their decisions.

Pls my friend try to be cool and dont take personaly what FEM or i sais.I only place my opinion about a game here and yes maybe i was sarcastic to u and i ll be sarcastic to all these people which r trying to critisize and be ratsists to other peoples choices(CHILDISS,TOYS, etc).I m not goona take in personaly what u have right about me to FEM its ur opinion and in my small country(the mother of democracy)we all said our opinions free.

Your reaction was too much i think.And u continue put on spot not only other games but and people which are use them.Thats bad.

That wasnt personally and as u can see im here and watch carefful this dialog which hasnt to do only with a small argument about a game or whatever but it has to do about people behave.

If i and FEM are the guys which made u take the decision to leave i have no reason trying to change ur mind.Its ur choice.But although i dont believe that u have to do this cause of a small argument which anyway its the healthy way of peoples mind.Can u imagine a world with totall agreements...can u?I cant...That makes all of as unique...we r not ants,bees, or robots..we are people...and thats great.Try to use it the right way.

At the end i feel that i have to apologise about all these ''hot'' dialogs because i will never can imagine that someone in here will react like u.

I respect u as a veteran here in the FS site but we are in the same level in life.Thats y i dont think that i have to post 10000 messages before i can place my opinion here in forum.

Friendly and really sadly

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Well, I don't know what to say about this. I've read all the thread about FEM and his computer and I didn't want to make a post. I sincerely didn't want to many any statement about it.

Anyway, I will miss you, GPS-Kid. Crying or Very sad You were and are a great man. I respect you.
I always liked to read your wonderful and professional reviews about add-ons. I am sure we are going to miss you. I hope one day you come back. Everything is going to be different.

I wish you all the best in your life.

Have a nice flight and smooth landings! And, of course, fly high in blue skies! 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

"FEM - All I will say is that you truly missed the spirit of what everyone was saying on that thread. The reality was you had lot's of decent people encouraging you but you turned it into a "Get off my back, I'll do what I want" sort of rage..... For god's sake, delete FS9 from your hard drive and forgive us all for suggesting otherwise."

Amen..

Good luck David...You will be missed here.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I must say, I will miss you as much as others say they will miss you Crying or Very sad but if you ever feel like coming back we'd gladly welcome you back. 😀

Chiz Jon

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Sorry to see you go David. I really hope you will reconsider.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

KurtPStevens wrote:

Sorry to see you go David. I really hope you will reconsider.

I agree. It was a bit of a silly argument in the first place, and something that shouldn't have turned into an argument. I think what you said was fair and not in an offensive manner. Besides, I was hoping to ask you for help for the PMDG 747 😉

Sorry to hear your leaving though 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The original thread is now locked.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6654/sad-days/

New thread.
Due to a spark of misstatements and misunderstanding long standing friends have seen it necessary to disagree.
Now comes the time to agree, apologies have been said both in this thread and the one I locked.
Lets end this and get back in the left seat and enjoy the flight.

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

GPS Kid - I'm sorry to see you leave. I haven't been on the forums in about a month, so I do not know what happened, and since it offended you, I do not want to know. You were a great contributor to the Fly Away Forums, and it won't be the same without you. I know I will miss you, and so will the other members.

Chris 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan, the original thread is this one: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6654/sad-days/

Excellently said Radar Man.... apologies that this has been such a distraction to what people come here for... but at least it's all done and resolved now.

Chris, Jolegg, Kurt, JVD, Michael H, Agus, Ranald and other - thank you so much for saying those kind things. Each and everyone of you are great guys and make this such a fab forum .... Take care. David (GPS).

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Clear skies Dave Crying or Very sad

Your humor Doh! and expertise will be missed by all 😉

Keep in touch via e-mail

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

I really dont see why you're leaving the forum, afterall, you've been here a long time and many people respected you. I don't know the reason, but if it's because of the odd one or two calling you names or abusing you, then just ignore them. If not then I am very sad to see so many people leave. There have been already two more posts about this with other important members of the forum and I really dont see why you should be one of them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

RadarMan, the original thread is this one: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6654/sad-days/

Thanks Embarassed , I just changed it. I don't like to see any friend of ours unhappy.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Me neither...GPS-Kid helped me a lot with my PSS A340 Professional aircraft, and in lots of things too. As I said before, I respect him a lot.
It's sad to think that one of our friends leave the forums. I'll miss him.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

In the words of the infamous Rodney King, who many have never uttered a truer statement in his life: "Why can't we all just get along?"

--Rick

P.S. David if you're still lurking please consider stopping by now and again to let us know you're alright. Take care, man.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

GPS I hope you reconsider and come back soon. You have helped alot of people here including myself. It's a shame the thread became a little heated but in my opinion it's to be expected, not just here but everywhere we go. I choose to ignore off topic posts and not get involved but I can understand why you took the bit.

Sit back, have a few beers and come back soon.