Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

thinking about joining

robbier Guest

hi all,
i was thinking joining here at flyaway.
although im only ten years old, it is close to my b day and maybe or a present i could get 5 dollars to join. but before i join, i need to know-
the aircraft, scenery, and all those downloads-how is the download speed?
how customizable is your account? i need to know nothing about the forums, i already know that they are the best FS forums on the net, but answer those Q's and i think i might join...thanks! and also, like if i went to a site like avsim, and i found a good plane there, would i also be able to come to flyaway and get that same plane?

P.S. i am posting as the guest "robbier", and if i join, i will still be "robbier"

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

The dowload speeds i THINK are run off a 256 connection, I get around 70-90Kb/sec downloading from here

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We all go to different site to check their downloads, your going to find that every site has some thing that the other doesn't have.
We try to have the top of the line instead of tens of thousands of downloads that no one wants.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

The dowload speeds i THINK are run off a 256 connection, I get around 70-90Kb/sec downloading from here

256? We run off a 10MB burstable leased line.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

holy crap! Guess I was off by a few MB, eh flyaway? 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

robbier wrote:

hi all,
i was thinking joining here at flyaway.
although im only ten years old, it is close to my b day and maybe or a present i could get 5 dollars to join. but before i join, i need to know-
the aircraft, scenery, and all those downloads-how is the download speed?
how customizable is your account? i need to know nothing about the forums, i already know that they are the best FS forums on the net, but answer those Q's and i think i might join...thanks! and also, like if i went to a site like avsim, and i found a good plane there, would i also be able to come to flyaway and get that same plane?

P.S. i am posting as the guest "robbier", and if i join, i will still be "robbier"

I'm sure glad I joined.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

yea you should join. what 5 bucks