SearchSearch 

problem about running the game

eve_dew Guest

Hi. I installed successfully the game. Everything was fine. I copied tha crack in the directory... I mean I did everything, but still when I try to run it it says to put cd4. And here's the weird thing. Cd4 IS in the cd-rom. It says to put cd 4 and to rerun the application. But the cd is there. What is the problem? What should I do? I did everything that came into my mind, but obviously I couldn't find the solution.
please help!!

8 Responses

Now, I don't understand why would you read the post and then leave it without reply? If you don't want to answer any newbie questions don't even bother reading them. I will ask you for your help. I don't understand why no one wants to reply... 😞

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

You just posted this post a few minutes ago. That's why know one has replied yet. Either that or they don't know the answer.

You need to rename the CD-Crack "fs9.exe" with out the quotes. And make a back up of the original fs9.exe. Then it should work.

nah... it's not working. i've tried it, but... nothing. it still asks for cd 4 😞(

robbier Guest

do you have a CD-ROM drive and a DVD drive on your PC? if so, make sure hat it is in the CD-ROM drive

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you loaded the sim and did not patch it use NO-CD 9.0.
If you did patch the sim with the MS patch use NO-CD 9.1.

Try this and see if it clears up your problem.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=EAE20F0F-C41C-44FE-84CE-1DF707D7A2E9

If not reboot and try to launch the sim.
Lastly, if none of these work uninstall and reinstall the sim.

Let us know how it works out.

Radar

eve_dew Guest

Hi,again. Thanks for all the replies so far. But neither of them work. I was just wondering if i do it correctly. I downloaded no-cd patch v9.0, extracted the fs9.exe in the crack folder. is that ok? i mean this is what i am supposed to do? and also , i don't have dvd-rom, only cd-rom, so there's no way to mistaken the roms.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

You need to put the new fs9.exe directly into your main Flight Simulator 9 folder. And rename to old fs9.exe.

eve_dew Guest

Hey, thanks SamIntel!!! 😛 😀 I knew I did something wrong. thanks again.
🙂