What is the advantage of this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I was looking at flyaway's stainless steel mousemats. I guess you can buy those, but what's the advantage of a steel mousemat, besides the fact that it won't rip?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It probably would be great for my Intellimouse Explorer or any optical mouse, easy to read.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Really? I always thought that optical mice should be on a non-reflective surface...huh

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I just put it on a mirror and it seems to react better, interesting. I never thought about it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I noticed those. How much would that be in U.S. dollars? ❓
What is a optical mouse? Embarassed Is it the kind of mouse with the red light? Geek

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

I noticed those. How much would that be in U.S. dollars? ❓
What is a optical mouse? Embarassed Is it the kind of mouse with the red light? Geek

Price https://www.simshack.net/
Yes the mouse with the red light.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Thanks! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Im using my optical wirelless mouse in a paper mouse pad....(u can write on it and then remove page and go to next etc.)Its excellent and have never had problem in movements.

I dont know about the stell mousepad but i dont think that it will be much much better than the mousepads we already use.If someone use it pls let us know.

Anyway, optical mouses doesnt work properly in glasses or in too slidly surfaces (some wodden offices etc.) because the red ray reffracted and causing funny reactions Ha Ha to the mouse.
Using it in a mirror its different from glass cause mirror doesnt reffracts the ray but sent it back to its start point and this is the way an optical mouse works in general. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Since we're talking about mice I'll just add that the batteries last longer when you use the mice on lighter-colored surfaces. Also, I have MS and Logitech brands, and whatever MS has done engineering-wise I don't know, but the battery charge lasts much longer in MS cordless products.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

This is happens cause lighter collors has better reflectivity from darker ones.(In summer mounths we use to wear lighter collored clothes in order to keep coller. 😉 )

I have notice the same think with u about batteries.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...