Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

HELP ME PLEASE!!

Pro Member Trainee
wannabeflyer Trainee

i was wondering if there was anybody out there, who would like to give me step by step instructions on how to add the 'add ons' to the fs2004 game itself... not all that computer literate and ive tried the drag and drop method and copy and paste... i kno there is something that im not doing right.. if there was anybody out there who would like to help me, i would really appreciate it.. thanx

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Drag and drop is the only way you can get 99% of the free aircraft into your folder.
Yes there are some (exe) executables, self installing aircraft but then you don't have the freedom of picking and choosing.

Try these directions and see if they work better.

Try a simple one first, the Aeronca Chief http://www.pmstone.com/AircraftGeneral.htm

Let us know how you are doing.

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.

Inside your main drive icon is "C".

Double click on that.

Look for a folder "Program Files".

Double click on that.

Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".

Double click on that.

Now you have a folder Flight Simulator.

Double click on that.

Laid out are all the simulator folders.

Follow the read-me that came with the aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

First, when you download it, you should save it to my documents or even desktop. When it's finished downloading extract the files because it will be a compressed folder.

Pro Member Trainee
wannabeflyer Trainee

ok.. the first one worked.. now i cant get any other ones to work... i mean i've done the same exact thing as i did for the chief, but its not working, do i have to restart my computer or something, or take out the disc and put it back in? i dont know anymore.. i mean im probably making such a simple thing so complicated, im open to more suggestions.. thanx for the previous ones though

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain