Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

downloading to fs2002

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

just joined - looking forward to multi-prop flying - BUT - cannot get any hercules c130 into game - can get downloads unzipped to files and find "model", "aircraft" etc folders and open in fs2002. If an "aircraft" folder does not appear in the download is this a full stop and download is a non goer 😞 ??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Show us the one your trying to install so we can download and take a look at it.
We need the zip name and a link if possible.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Trying to download C-130HAMI.Zip - reached stage of having fs2002 folders/files and downloaded folders/files together on screen - have been following help given in previous postings. (I'm a geriatric and by no means a computer wizard! 😕 )

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'll give you more work to do but it will be easier for you in the long run.
Unzip it with WinZip, put the entire folder into your main Aircraft Folder.
Unzip it again, this time click on the folder, click on the gauge folder, unzip the gauges, put all the gauges (the contents of that folder not the folder itself) into your main Gauge Folder. Delete everything else, you already have it.
Then you should have the aircraft ready to fly, It may be listed under the manufacturers name.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

followed your tips
In the main fs2002 games folder I now have a C130-H folder - the contents of this look similar to the contents of say the C182s folder - model, panel,sound, texture, aircraft, C130 check, notes etc but cannot find anything C130ish when I open the game itself

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's not in the main games folder, it should be in the main aircraft folder.
I don't have 2002 so I can't r try it out for you.
Possibly someone else can.

There are a few more here, try one or more of these and see if they show up.
You can sign up free.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=C130&CatID=fs2002ac&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I've gone back to the beginning - reinstalled 2002, followed RadarMan instructions to the letter - and she flies!!! 😀 (minus a couple of gauges??)
Thanks for your help - I'm impressed by flyawaysim - I will have to change me from verygom (grumpy old man) to somthing else! 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That sound great, I'm glad your able to get her up in the air.
Too bad you had to go through all that trouble but once in the air it all worth it.
If your computer can handle it you should think about 2004.
Enjoy!

Radar