Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

yoke???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

How many people here have a yoke? How do you like it. I got some money for graduation and I was going to use it to buy a yoke. Confused I've heard good things about them. How do you all like them?

spuddi Guest

they are fantastic. I couldn't recommend one enough, you won't regret it.
My dad has one and the ch pedals and it transforms the experience to "as real as it gets"

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

spuddi wrote:

they are fantastic. I couldn't recommend one enough, you won't regret it.
My dad has one and the ch pedals and it transforms the experience to "as real as it gets"

TOTALLY AGREE ...... Best money you could ever spend if you are serious about Flight Simulation !

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

No yoke man Very Happy hehe

It's the best add on for flight simming!

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Mike - you're "Pet Pics" do not go unnoticed by the way - I'm a big Dog fan and that is a classic !

Wheres the mustard ? Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Are they awkward? I mean, do they require alot of room or are they small?

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

No, but unless you have a really low desk the yoke is pretty high. A yoke sould be right over your lap. Mine's about level with my chest, so I sit on a big stack of pillows so it is at the right level.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'll let you guys know what I decide.

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

mypilot - You're asking about how much room they take up etc so I'm not sure if you cannot see the image in my signature on your PC ....

If you can see it, you will get a good idea on how much space they take up... the one in the pic is the CH Products Yoke that loads of people on here have got.

Sam is right - they do tend to sit too high - again, you can see on my pic that mine is pretty high but I'm 7 feet tall so it's not too bad Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

I know, I can see your signature, I don't have as much room as you do so that's why I asked.

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Sorry I was just trying to help in case you couldn't see the picture. Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Confused I hope I didn't sound rude, sorry. Embarassed

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

yokes are awesome, i have used one for about a year now and could never fly again without it.

Simple, concise and to the point.....> BUY ONE!

Micah Wink