SearchSearch 

D.A.D.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Dangerous Airport Database http://dangerousairports.com/dad/?PHPSESSID=a7e49a6b9910dabf836f24323e84f4dd

Whether many of these airports are that difficult to fly into or out of may be a matter of opinion. It should be fun to try though. 😎

Dangerous Airport Database is intended for flight simulation use only, specifically using Microsoft Flight Simulator.

11 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Very interesting.

Its worth to try some of this airports and i ll do it soon.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

It mentions that JFK intl airport is dangerous 😳 . Is this true ❓

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

JVD wrote:

It mentions that JFK intl airport is dangerous 😳 . Is this true ❓

I also found KJFK to be a curious entry in the D.A.D. list. Doing a quick Google on D.A.D. and KJFK did not turn up anything remarkable.

Andy2005 Guest

Very good find. These airports will keep me occupied for a while. I was having trouble landing at St Barthelemy so I followed an AI aircraft in spot view. It cheated!! It just flew through the mountains, made a landing roll, but took off again straight away when it found the runway wasn't long enough and declared a missed approach. Can anyone land at this airport and if so in what plane? I think it would take a fs master to do it.
Andy 😀

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I attempted the landing at St Barthelemy a few times last year. I think I made it on my second approach also using a small Cessna. I believe I throttled all the way back just as I past the crest of the hill/mountain and came in steep, flaring at the appropiate moment and using the majority of runway to stop.

Andy2005 Guest

I just about did it in a cessna skylane just now.

Guest Ed Guest

Andy2005 wrote:

I just about did it in a cessna skylane just now.

That's a funny way to put it-- did you just about succeed, or just about crash? 😂

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

The J-3 Cub would probally be the easiest to try them in. I landed on a building with the J-3 cub once. Fear

Andy2005 Guest

[quote]That's a funny way to put it-- did you just about succeed, or just about crash?

😂 I was succesful but didn't have much runway left.

Air caraibes fly in all the time!! Must have some brave pilots.

Guest Ed Guest

mypilot wrote:

The J-3 Cub would probally be the easiest to try them in. I landed on a building with the J-3 cub once. Fear

I've tried a few "extremely short field" landings in the Cub, too-- the biggest problem is that if you brake too hard, you'll stand it on the nose!

I made several attempts to land a Cub in the football stadium on the lakefront in Cleveland, Ohio. Never quite pulled it off-- you have to come down at a very steep angle to get to the field, then you have to stop within 100 yards. . .

If you want to try that one, take off from Burke-Lakefront Airport (KBKL, IIRC) on the runway that goes generally towards the west, and the stadium will be there just to the left of your flight path.

Ed

Andy2005 Guest

Oops! Mucked up the quote! Embarassed