WX-500 Weather Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

I downloaded the WX500 weather radar from Reality XP last night. I must say that it works very well. It let me thread through a line of thunderstorms with ease. I figure my $29 was well spent. I would love to see a storm scope option that integrates with the Garmin 530 (and an option for the Garmin 330 transponder). Oh what a gadget guy I am! 😀

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

ronaldpatton wrote:

I downloaded the WX500 weather radar from Reality XP last night. I must say that it works very well. It let me thread through a line of thunderstorms with ease. I figure my $29 was well spent. I would love to see a storm scope option that integrates with the Garmin 530 (and an option for the Garmin 330 transponder). Oh what a gadget guy I am! 😀

😀 I like the look of this...........

Here's a link with a short vid of it in action ➡

http://www.reality-xp.com/products/WX5/index.htm

...........anyone else got/tried it?

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

Where does the WX500 radar screen show up in the cockpit?? Is there "extra room " on the panel, or does it come up with the GPS display??

Glenn 😳

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

It shows up as a very tiny icon on the lower left portion of the panel and pops up full size when you click on it. You then can move it to where ever you want. I like to then right click on it and make it a separate window (undock) so I can move it off of the FS9 window (I don't run full screen).

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...