Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Getting Booted by comp or net.

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

Every time I log into zone.com and start flying I get booted about 30 seconds later. I get a message saying that the players have left the room and I am now the host. What's going on?

Thanks

bartjan Guest

maybe they don't like you Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ids soldier

How u receive this message if u have booted?
Are u taking this msg and then got booted?Did ur connection fails after msg?U still remain in net but u cant logon again in the zone.com?Maybe it has to do with ur firewall settings.

If u could pls, be more specific in order trying help u.

Pro Member First Officer

I'm not getting booted from the net, I can't get booted from the net. I'm on a cable modem. No, let me give you an example. Lets say you and I are in the zone together, flying in a session. About 30 seconds in, the computer gives me a message saying that you have left the session and that I am now hosting. Then, a few seconds after that, I get booted from the session, not from the zone, just the session. Flight sim keeps going however. In fact, it loads the regular traffic after all that. So, I'm not booted from the zone or the net, just every single session that I join. Confusing enough for you? It is for me?

Thanks for whatever help you can give me. I can't be any more specific, that is what happens. I'm no techie, all I know is what I see.

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

U r clear Ids Smile

But anyway its a strange problem.My mind goes to ur firewall settings.i cant this moment think of something else.Have u trying to disable ur firewall?.

I ll try to think of it more in order to help u.
Sorry if i wasn so helful to u Sad

Greekman72

Pro Member First Officer

I don't know anything at all about firewalls...please fill me in on any and all possibilities starting with telling me what a firewall is and where to access it.

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

First of all did u using Windows XP service Pack 2?With very simple words Firewall is a safety option of windows which prevents other users to get in ur system and harm it when ur in chat rooms or anyway in rooms which are used from a lot of people and u can send-receive informations.

In windows XP SP2 in control panel menu there is a setting which u can enable or disable ur firewall setting(Firewall Settings).Sometimes when u r trying to receive something from someone maybe for security reasons firewall block him.
I try to explain it to u in simple words.Try to disable ur firewall and check ur connection.In case u dont have SP2 upgrade ur system in order to have the ability to handle ur firewall.

Let me know the results.

Pro Member First Officer

Actually, that wasn't the problem. A friend of mine showed me that in order for msn.zone to work, you have to enable msn pop-ups on your blocker. I had done that but only temporary, so every time I went to another page even inside the zone, I had to re-enable pop-ups, that why as soon as I was connected in the room (ready to fly with other people), I got booted. My comp thought the room was a pop-up. So I just made msn.zone pop-up enabled permenantly. Works like a charm.

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Anyway