cant get FS9 to work

guest Guest

When i try to play FS9 on my new comp a red box comes up and the screen goes black saying out of range. Anyone know what i should do? Please help. Thank you

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tell us if you get a message of any kind and what your computer specs are, especially the video card.

Do you have the latest version of DirectX and a folder in "My Documents" that is "Flight Simulator Files".

Radar

guest Guest

It used to work on this computer and now it doesnt. I dont remember what someone on this site told me to do

BashDaBish Guest

'Out of range' will be referring to your monitor screen resolution. You probably have FS9 set to display in a screen resolution too high for your monitor.

guest Guest

how do i fix it?

BashDaBish Guest

Click on the 'Start' button in Windows and go to the 'Microsoft Games' entry in your Start Menu, then follow it until you find 'Troubleshooting' and select 'reset defaults'.

This should reset all the display settings etc back to defaults so you will have to tweak them once more when done.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...