Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Recommend a good Video Card

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Could someone recommend a good video card? I currently have a nVidia GeForce 4000, but it's graphics are worse than the card that came with my computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

How much $ do you want to spend. Do you want a $200 or a $400 card.
AGP?

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Radarman, to be honest with you, I know nothing about video cards ROFL

I wanted something that works good, but not too much $

I didn't want to spend more than $150

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have the ATI Radeon 128 Pro and am very happy with it.
I'll check the net for prices later and post some links for you.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
timmers Trainee

Nvidia Geforce 6800 256meg........sweet card......reasonable priced.......and it"s expandible........meaning you could parallel another one beside it!!......known as "SLI" .......of course providing your mother board allows it.......3 gb.....or better......check out thier site do some homework first...........try one ....need for speed ...add another....done......I'm running 3.4gig with 1 gig on the side (512x2)....faster than a f-14.......timmers (newbee).....well I'm here anybody know how to start any float planes in the water?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Chris, whichever you get watch the Sunday papers for the 4th of July sales, you'll pick up a bargain.

Fry's (outpost.com) always has a good sale as well as CompUSA.

Good price.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=578354&Sku=A177-3025&SRCCODE=GOOPROD&CMP=OTC-FROOGLE

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

timmers,
Welcome aboard.

Go to Florida, pick a city by the sea, don't use the default runway check some of the others and you'll start on water.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Thanks for the link Radarman Smile

I'll check the Sunday paper and I'll let you know if I get a good price

Chris

Pro Member Trainee
timmers Trainee

thanks RadarMan for the greeting...........I'll give your tip a try........sorry all I do is disable the default?.......also, I've vancouver airport at my door step....... literally........would be nice to start there?..........I'll check out florida too......................ever heard of snow skis for some of those chilly remote airports...thanks again.......timmers .aka. flyboy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

It's hard to describe the problem I'm having. It seems as if the sim stalls during flight.

AMD Athlon XP 1600+
1.39 GHz
512 MB RAM
nVidia GeForce MX 4000 (128 MB)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You seem to be running everything just on the edge and the card is weaker than the rest.
Try shutting down the programs running in the background, you still need a better card.
Put the clouds on low, turn off the water and the shadows, and don't go above default on anything else, keep scenery and traffic as low as possible.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Henning+Schaefer&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Ahh the g/card's I had big problems with my ATI 9600 Crying or Very sad .I have the 6600GT now but and it's a good card it did not produce as good FPS as hoped but thats becouse I love eyecandy Very Happy This card is afordable but I would recomend 6800 256MB or 9800 pro for better FPS but with a little more expence.Also make sure you get the card from a good company like gainward card's wich have great cooling and are very stable.

Welcome to the forum's timmers Thumbs Up!