Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

CUSTOM REPAINT: NEED INSTRUCTION PLEASE

Pro Member Trainee
longngone Trainee

I have a EC-121 Super Constellation, in airforce paint scheme. My Father flew these in Vietnam in the navy. I have a painting of his plane, and I want to do a repaint creating that plane.

I have Photoshop, is that all I need? Do I just open the bmp and go to work, and then save as the same name? I read Project Opensky tutorials, but they sort of address having a blank pallet to work from.

Any help would be wonderful! thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

You need DXTbmp form MW Graphics to save the bmp file.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2883/dxtbmp-dxt-extended-bitmap-editor/

Guest Jandav Guest

longngone wrote:

I have a EC-121 Super Constellation, in airforce paint scheme. My Father flew these in Vietnam in the navy. I have a painting of his plane, and I want to do a repaint creating that plane.

I have Photoshop, is that all I need? Do I just open the bmp and go to work, and then save as the same name? I read Project Opensky tutorials, but they sort of address having a blank pallet to work from.

Any help would be wonderful! thanks!

Its a little bit more complex than that - as Chris above says, you require DXTBMP.exe - to convert/reconvert bmp files - then there are alterations to the aircraft.cfg file, etc , etc.
I have had Mike Stone's Connie in FS9 for some time - can be downloaded at
http://www.pmstone.com
File name is sconnie.zip - under Aircraft - Commercial
If that a/c would suit your needs - then I can lead you through the different processes - but it would need to be by email as the pm is not available to non-members. So if you let me have an email address - we'll see what we can do.