Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

I'm outta here

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Pretty much that's it. I'm suprised that no one else has heft yet. This site has gone to the crapper lately. Franky, I'm damn sick of it. You find it everywhere, mostly in the screenshots, but basically anywhere where Radar and TTT are not moderating.

Someone e-mail me when the site is back up to the standards it used to be at. Honestly, flyaway isn't on here enough to be the sole moderator. If it were my choice, i'd make it a members only forum.

If flyaway does decide to do that, I'll be more than happy to donate 50 dollars to the site, as well as paying membership for a good portion of the GOOD guests that frequent this site. Someone needs to do something.

you guys should know my e-mail by now, as i'm taking it down from my profile.

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

SeeYa, rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You are right, it is not how it used to be like a few months ago. 😕 Wise choice about taking your e-mail off. I leave my e-mail option on because I have my old address that no longer is active.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i really think that you should have a membership to post on this site. i dont see why guests can post on this site. this should be a members only site.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm going to start a poll and ask that question.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I agree 100%, members only, but you'll catch hell for saying it to certain people...

Pro Member Chief Captain

I am very greatful to the friendly and nice guests here.

Pro Member Chief Captain

All of the members should have like a meeting or something to discuss our problems here. Quickly! Before any other appreciated members leave. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

well the only way tht we could start a member meeting is if we use a chat room in AIM. any other suggestions.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Why not use the forums? Like one of the ones that is not used that often.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

mypilot wrote:

Why not use the forums? Like one of the ones that is not used that often.

real time chatting is more fun......
wating after posting is pain 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain

yeah you are right. How hard is it to get AIM?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

chatrooms are easy, a lot free php scripts out there

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'll have to ask my parents. the big question my parents will want to know, Do you get viruss? Any links?

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

thank god! i finally got him to leave. SEE YA! 😂

And just what have YOU contributed here *coughcowardcough*?

I'm getting sick of the BS as well, and having a chat (while in general a fun thing and a good idea) will not enable any changes, since those have to come from The Powers That Be.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I totally agree with you.The website isn't at it's old standards anymore 😞 and I myself have been thinking of not coming back to this site but until then I'll try make it a better place.

Anyway cheers 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

FEM

i dont think that this is the best way to solve ur problem.

leaving the site was the purpose of this anonymous guest.Dont make him happy.Let him write anything he likes and just ignore him.It will be the best way to stop him.Im a new member here and i feel that im responsible too to keep this site clear and make it back to its real points .

Guests are guests and members are members.We (members) are responsible for fly away and we must protect it.We must not leave it cause of some unserious posts.

IGNORE THE BAD POSTS.

If these guests are serious would come to this site by their names and would be members.Their purpose is only to disturb us.

Dont let em feel happy.

PS.Dear guest pls stop this thing and come to join us a civilized man.
If u have personal problems with FEM or any other go find him and solve em as man to man not hidden behind ur anonymous.Act like a man which i still want to belive that u r.

THE FIRST PURPOSE OF THIS SITE IS FLYING SIMMULATION.

Greekman72

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Greekman72 I think your post is well-written and certainly logical. I agree on all points, but have comments to add below:

Greekman72 wrote:

We (members) are responsible for fly away and we must protect it.We must not leave it cause of some unserious posts.

That's a good attitude and I'm in agreement to the extent that we can be good citizens, report violations, and set proper examples. Unfortunately, our power stops there. RadarMan and TTT have addditional responsibilities, but there is also only so much they can do. Bottom line is that owner Flyaway has the required muscle to put an end to this (I'm not complaining because he may very well be working behind the scenes toward a better forum, who knows).

Greekman72 wrote:

If these guests are serious would come to this site by their names and would be members.Their purpose is only to disturb us.

How do we know the Guest in question is not also a member? I don't, you don't, the mods and even Flyaway can't tell you for certain. So as long as un-validated accounts can post here, we don't know for sure whether they are truly guests or actually cowardly members pretending to be guests.

I say let anyone post without paying a fee, but they must sign up with a valid email addy. This benefits everyone. I remember all the months that I posted as Guest/SoCalRick and how many times I forgot to key in my name. I hated that, so it would be nice for those who don't wish to pay the fee if they could at least have a posting account to log into. Keeping the download area "paid members only" would still be a good motivator to join.

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

guys, this happens on every forum. Even if guests cannot post, people sign up with ficticious info and try to flame forums. The best approach is always to ignore and not answer these people. It takes two to play a game, when they are playing by themselves, they will move on.... because these peolpe, these idiots are probably tired of playing alone....as noone likes them anyway !! It's a shame to lose the good people over this that make the site good, as it happens on all forums. But as I said, "SeeYa," the site doesn't live and breath because of one person. F-E-M, I don't even like you, but I want you to stay ! But you already quit flying, so what's the point? Thnx for the laughs you gave me !! rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Dear Sockalrick.

I totally agrie with ur notices and as i matter of fact i have to tell that i have thought the point that this guest must be a member.
I agriee that e mail adress would be the less ''payment'' and must be needed.

Greekman72

algonz Guest

I first visited this site and asked for advice on one of the forums as a guest. The responses I got from Radarman and Greek 72 were very informative and thoughtful. Even though they disagreed on some aspects, both were very polite to the other in their disagreement. This experience has led me to pay my 5 bucks and get off the porch and try to run with the big dogs. I registered yesterday, but, still don't have my confirmation email. Point is - if I had not been allowed to post as a guest, I would never have returned to this site. Sure, it creates problems, but problems have solutions. I don't know enough about the site or the forums yet to comment further, but I'll be back and I'll be learning.

Al Gonzales

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

And that is the reason anonymous posting should not be allowed ❗

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Six and two threes really allowing posts by non members. I posted many times prior to joining and there are several other "known" guests who add valuable comments to this site. It is unfortunate that children who are bored or have nothing constructive to do use this and other sites to create "problems". I am older and wiser my suggestion to all is let it go over your head, ignore it and get on with it. Do not answer them carry on as if they do not exist...as they shouldn't! With their attitudes they would never be allowed to become an aviator...let them rant and ignore it!

BashDaBish Guest

This type of post is seen all over the 'forums world'. Even on sites for members only. FEM's thoughts and feelings towards this are certainly not unique and can be replicated by many a person.

It's been mentioned before in this post but I agree.......if you disagree to a post made then don't reply and forget it existed. You have to observe this level of self moderation to allow you to use these forums without being hurt by some of the very silly comments often made. It can be very difficult to gage what is meant behind some comments. What I would take as a joke could be construde as an insult to others. That cannot and never will be controlled......that is what makes us all unique.

There's been times when I am made to feel not welcome but I can accept that and will carry on reading and posting on this site until I am forced to register which is something I am not prepared to do. I just want to read some of your posts and help out others if I can. I am not interested in the downloads section. For this reason I object to members only.

If you made it this far then you are probably one of a few who bothered to read my full reply Wink

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

I think there is some confusion about the idea of "registering" as compared to paying for the priviledge of downloading here. The only reason I switched to a pay account was that it bugged me to have to remember to add my name to each message posted, lol.

All there is to registering (on most other boards, I mean to say) is providing an email address that can be verified. If you do not trust the admin on a given site to keep that information private then for gosh sake's you could simply get a free yahoo, hotmail, or gmail address for the purpose of registering.

As I said before, I was a guest for like 6 months before paying (again, different from registering, but an unpaid registration is not available here at this time which does make this a unique situation).

At any time during those 6 months I would have been happy to provide an email addy in return for a free forum account. The downloads area I could care less about because I already have more add-ons than I can possibly use in a lifetime.

As to the forums elsewhere I am in a good position to know the difference because I'm one of the moderators at one. With enough mods and active admins patrolling there is never a chance for registered users to have to put up with garbage posts very long. But here RadarMan and TTT have the bulk of the load to carry, plus they have limited control over certain areas of the board.

Rant mode over (for now, lol).

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

Just incase you're the idiot who trashed my movie topic, I really think you have some miserable life. You do not deserve to be allowed to post in such a wonderful community. Please proceed and leave this forum permanently, otherwise the mods and admins will introduce strict measures and restrictions. It idiotic people like you who trash websites, don't you have a life or something? Please get one.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

well from the comment u just made guest dont be suprised when you arnt allowed to post in this forum anymore 😀

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i agree with the majority of posts here. This forum has to be kept clean where possible.

However, you cannot stop guests for reasons already mentioned, how would you attract new interest and how would new people get answers from the helpful guys here, which would then motivate them to join?

And finally, FEM, i think you are certainly justified to feel angry and/or upset with these people, i think we all get frustrated. I particularly dislike those who rubbish others screenshots or insist on using foul language.

However, i would ask you to take a more rational approach and realise these people for what they are. Very very sad people who have little else to do with their lives other than trying to wind up you and i.

Really, dont you think we should just feel sorry for them, ignore their posts, and move on?

Micah 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Well said Micah.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I guess you're right, i may as well stay. The immaturity is only a tiny % of what we see here anyway.

Pro Member Chief Captain

By the way, if you want to see one of the best-moderated forums I have ever visited, have a look at this

These guys ban people for using stupid AOL-isms like in that translator. For God's sakes, we NEED them here!

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

One thing I really like about that site is it includes the top 10 posters for the day and the month.Just that alone would help clean up some of the muck on this website.

Here's a link as to what I'm talking about:

Here's a website for real world pilots and it has some of the worst moderating iv'e seen.The bad thing is I know one of the moderators personally.

Here's a link: http://www.pprune.org/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Invision boards have those statistics this is a php board.
If you all want tougher moderating I can move half of the posts here to the "Other Forum" where they belong. 😂
Then we can start handing out warnings a 1 week bans for unacceptable language. 😂

As Greekman wisely said, just ignore the trouble makers and they will go away, your feeding them when you answer. If they do it in this (General) forum I'll delete their posts. Twisted Evil

I moderate on another forum (not flight) and rules are made to be obeyed, we have to many posts and posters to "baby" someone along.
3 strikes and your out.
1-Warning
2-1 week ban
3-Permanent ban.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

I like it, Radarman !! rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hasn't all of this been blown out of proportion? RadarMan said it best, there has to be a line drawn somewhere as to specificity and harshness of rules, i.e. off topic posts. The forum here is very pleasent with just a tiny % of idiots whose posts can be deleted by the moderators we have here. Therefore nobody should take offence to these idiots and the moderators can choose how to deal with the unwanted comments so no one needs to leave over stupid comments made by very sad people. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hmmmmmmmm.....I have notice something here 😉 And i think i like it.

Good job. 😉