Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

guests

Should guests be aloud to post on the forums?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]

Total Votes : 24

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Should guests be aloud to post on the forums? No offense to the friendly guests here like crosscheck and Don Wood. They are helpful here. There are many other guests I didn't mention.

Pro Member Chief Captain

What flyaway could do is allow people to join to use the forums for free. But pay the $5 do download. Just a suggestion.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes because of Don, Ed, Crosscheck and a few others.
The ones that offend should have their IP's banned.
Membership has it's privileges, we can download or vote, guests can't.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I got to calm down. Ill I was a little jumpy when FEM said he was leaving.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

mypilot wrote:

What flyaway could do is allow people to join to use the forums for free. But pay the $5 do download. Just a suggestion.

I think it is what you said now, non-members cannot download, that was the reason why I paid 5 hard earned green buck.... 😳 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

As I see it, there are several options.

The first is to allow guests to post. That means someone has to go through the forums with a pooper-scooper from time to time.

The second is free registration to forums. This allows cancelling offenders, but is still subject to malcontents with throw-away addresses.

The third is to require full ($5.00) membership to post in forums. Unless the n'er-do-well has a lot of cash, they are less likely to risk losing that membership.

I'd suggest the second choice. It doesn't force the person to give up their privacy to anyone but the site's owner, but it eliminates what little kiddies will do when they think no one knows who they are. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

The second is free registration to forums. This allows cancelling offenders, but is still subject to malcontents with throw-away addresses.

This makes the most sense in my opinion, too. While it is not bulletproof it at least would cut down on the abuse.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I'd say that we must allow guests to vote and just ban the ones who cause a nuisance.There are a few reasons why I say we should allow guests to vote and here they are:

1.There are some nice guests[Ed, Don, Crosscheck, etc...]

2.We can use this as an option to communicate if the server won't allow us to login for whatever reason.

3.It also introduces some people to the site and eventually they join because of it.

But then again if guests weren't allowed to vote we would get only the people who are dedicated to this site.

Andy2005 Guest

I'm with the idea of free registeration and then 5$ to download. One of the reasons I come here is because its so accessable. It's a shame that there are some idiots who come here delibratly to cause trouble. Even if it did go to a situation where only members paying 5$ could post, I supose that would be better. I'd be happier if I knew the forums were clean even if i couldn't post. AT least I could see what everyone else is posting.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

JVD wrote:

I'd say that we must allow guests to vote and just ban the ones who cause a nuisance.There are a few reasons why I say we should allow guests to vote and here they are:

1.There are some nice guests[Ed, Don, Crosscheck, etc...]

2.We can use this as an option to communicate if the server won't allow us to login for whatever reason.

3.It also introduces some people to the site and eventually they join because of it.

But then again if guests weren't allowed to vote we would get only the people who are dedicated to this site.

I totally agree with you, JVD.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

This is just getting out hand, THERE are some really good guests who have made a differnce to this site Guest Ed and his lovely tours of Europe & ROW always a pleasure to read, Don & Crosscheck have ever helpful information.

Apart from this it's just plain stuiped and annoying

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Yeah, we have some really good guests here. That's true. I like the tours that Guest Ed does. Don Wood is a very helpful man. I like to read his comments about aviation, since he's a real world pilot. And Crosscheck, he's a very nice man.

I don't have any problems with guests but I've seen many guests here insulting members because of some problem.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Andy2005 wrote:

I'm with the idea of free registeration and then 5$ to download. One of the reasons I come here is because its so accessable. It's a shame that there are some idiots who come here delibratly to cause trouble. Even if it did go to a situation where only members paying 5$ could post, I supose that would be better. I'd be happier if I knew the forums were clean even if i couldn't post. AT least I could see what everyone else is posting.

clap-clap-clap!

Me too. In other words, keep it free to post but just require registering with an email account. It's good common practice on most boards. As to allowing annonymous posts, I wouldn't have anything against it if there were more mods and admins on hand here.

With the crew as thin as it is, it makes more sense to just require an email verification in exchange for the right to post. That way, none of us (paid members or unpaid) would have to put up with the amount of junk that we have to now. You'll never stop it completely, but this would help!

spuddi Guest

Yeah, lets here it for the Guests!!!
I think free registration is a good Idea, but maybe there could be a few steps to go through to get the free registration. That would stop the casual person from coming on and making insults. If it takes a while to get your registration the person will probably not bother with it all just to log on to call someone a name and it should reduce it to a minimum.

I think this is a great site that has really helped me out and i think that I have been able answer some peoples questions. It seems a shame that we are talking about this instead of about FS9

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Yes, allow guests, for reasons mentioned in FEM's topic entitled "im off".

even with members you sometimes get immaturity and you just have to be mature enough to ignore it and move on.

Disallowing guests will not solve the problem. Acting in an adult fashion will. ❗

Micah 😉

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

so if guests are going to get free registrations then are all the current members gonna get their $5 back?

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Jared wrote:

so if guests are going to get free registrations then are all the current members gonna get their $5 back?

Membership has its privileges, as the famous commercial says. You pay your $5 and you get the Download area plus the right to post comments in the Gallery. So that really isn't the point.

Just to make certain that my point is made: I don't care whether free posting accounts are given to those willing to supply an email address, or whether the structure of the forums remains as-is. All I'm saying is that if nothing is changed then the forums need to be policed better.

As to ignoring ignorant posts from annonymous users, why should I have to when on every other board I belong to these sorts of things are dealt with immediately? And those are free membership forums, too. The ones that don't clean up promptly (and I won't name them but I'm sure you all are familiar with some) I just don't bother with.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Micah wrote:

Yes, allow guests, for reasons mentioned in FEM's topic entitled "im off".

even with members you sometimes get immaturity and you just have to be mature enough to ignore it and move on.

Disallowing guests will not solve the problem. Acting in an adult fashion will. ❗

Micah 😉

Immaturity is not the problem. The problem lies with people who act like the jerks that they are, and show a complete lack of consideration for other. Those people need to be kept away by whatever means the membership decides.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jared wrote:

I mean free regristration for forum use. Pay the $5 for use of the downloads.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I think that the way which most of us becomes members was that as guests we place some question here and we receive a decent and helpful answer that pushing us to pay and be members.

If we dont have this ability i supose that the members of this community will be less.

So i think that guests must have the right to share their opinions.Its not a close community here but an open site...This has its good and its bad side.LETS STICK TO GOOD AND LET BAD BURN TO HELL.

We spend a lot of time trying to solve a problem that its so simple.

I m sure that operators watch about this problem but they r watching our reactions too and maybe we confuse them more.Lets do their job easier.
Lets put all together a brick and grow up a wall which nobody sick and fool could pass through.

HOW?Very simlpe....Imagine how a good pilot reacts if he had a serious problem...Did he hears what his passengers said?Did he overeact?Did he get panic?Of course not...He is cool and he is trusting his knowledges and his personality and solve the problem.And i think that u all r very good pilots better than me.

In my country there is an old adage that sais..."a good captain skills grow up in the storm''

At the end lets keep good guests (which are a lot) in our company and ignore the bads (which are a few).

Sorry if i offend someone.

Pro Member Chief Captain

No, you didn't offend anyone, everybody has a right to his/her opinion. That is one of our problems, people don't respect others opinions.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thats a big truth Mypilot. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

Allow guests definitely, but keep the status quo. All that is needed is to keep an eye out for trouble and ban the ip's just like the chat rooms do.