Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Members Meeting

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

I mentioned this in the "I'm Outta Here" post. I think sice this site is having problems with guests ruining our fun on this site we should plan a meeting for the members. I not that there are some very helpful guests out there but there are some very disrespectful guests out there. The only way that i think it would be good to schedule a meeting would be starting a chat room on AOL Instant Messenger. I think that this is the only was to solve these problem. Please Coment. Thank you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I gotta download AOL, then someone needs to tell me how to get into a chatroom thing, but i'm all for it

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

What am I looking for as far as a download? We should try and get RadarMan, flyaway, and TTT to come. Something needs to be done.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'm pretty sure that flyaway has AOL, i remember seeing his desktop once and I saw it. Mind you that this was about a year ago...But yeah, Radarman and TTT definately need to go. Flyaway HAS to be there, because this is his site anyway.

By the way, what's the cost per month to run the server and this site if anyone knows?

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

here's the link to download AIM if u dont have it and it's free

http://www.aol.com/aim/downloadaim.adp

but we would have to make up a list of all the members screen names and i could set this up if anyone wouldnt mind cause im know AIM pretty well. we would ned to set up a time and date to have it. then once i get a list of all of the screen names, then i invite all of the members to a chat room that will just have our members in it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Setting times will be pretty hard because of all the different time zones, but we could do it.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i think that it would be good to have this meeting either today or tomorrow. just my opinion

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You never know when flyaway is going to be around though. Somebody should drop him a PM. See when he will be availble.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Dear friends i like to share here my personal opinion.
And to avoid fights i said again that this is my PERSONAL OPINION.

I m not disagriee about having a chat room which we could talk instantly but i dont find any reason to spend our time about some funny guests with no meaning in his lives.Lets use chat for fly sim and themes close to it..not for some unknown persons which like to disturb us and to have fun with our reactions.At the end PLS IGNORE THEM.

As about TTT,Radarman & Flyaway i agriee that they have some more responsibilities about the site ,but only for the site , they r not our dadies...I think that we each one has the responsibilitie to protect ourselves and to avoid sarcastics posts or anything else.I think its easy...

Pls lets focus to the real meaning of this site and not let anyone to put it on fire...Lets put fire to our jets and fly away to leave all of these sick people back in their mizery...DONT EVEN WRITE A SIMPLE WORD FOR THEM.I think this is the best weapon.And i think that at the end when they feel alone they r going away.

I want to make clear that this is my personal opinion and if i offend someone im deeply sorry and apologise.I m not post on this purpose.

I m open to any corrections.

Thanks

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

You do have very good points Greekman! I agree with everything you have to say there. I think the main topic of discussion will be pretty much talking about what to do about the forums. I.E. Making them pay to use, or no. Because many of the people here are very respected guests.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks FEM 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

We got to do something. We can't have **** floating around this site. More moderators?

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

what is AOL ❓

If you say we need more moderators I'd recommend:

My pilot

FEM

Chris 102

and Greekman.

Even though Greekman is new, I see that he is definatley dedicated and has some good advice.Keep it up 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

JVD wrote:

what is AOL ❓

If you say we need more moderators I'd recommend:

My pilot

FEM

Chris 102

and Greekman.

Even though Greekman is new, I see that he is definatley dedicated and has some good advice.Keep it up 😀

Thanks!🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Thanks! I'm around quite a bit, I could do it. I'm not sure that flyaway wants a kid moderating though. Greekman72 does have good advise. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'm all for it, the more the merrier. (I'm not power-hungry either)

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

All,

It is a dang shame that we have to do this at all first of all. I like what Greekman said, we should not lower ourselves to their lower than whale **** ,amtality. If Flyway approves it I see no problem with policing it. To me it is a teerorist act and should not be alowwed to farther than the Guest's keyboard. Not all of the guest's that frequent the site are necesarrily nasty people there have been a lot of good posts by guests and a lot of good questions too. In my opinion if we ignore them they will not go away. I don't think that they want to download anything anyway, if they do then they can pay their $5.00 to post and download. I hate to be restrictive to the good guests though. This is hard to deciede. If it is decieded to go with AOL IM I'am edr1073 if it still works I haven't used it in some time now.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

wait if you would pick new moderators, what would it be based on

senority on this site

number of posts

the best advise given overall

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Prolly all of those...to which i currently hold at least one record... 😂 😎

I might have seniority too...I looked, and it seems i'm one of the first (Although i'm like the 14,000th person to join) to actually have a posting record.

Best advice would surely go to someone else though, i know that.

I'll start a poll to see.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Ok, I can be on that meeting, but we need to bring RadarMan, TTT, and flyaway. Some can PM them or wait until they post a message. We can't just meet tomorrow. First, we have to decide the time, and we have to make sure that RadarMan, TTT, and flyaway are coming. Then we decide when to meet.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Jared wrote:

...we would have to make up a list of all the members screen names and i could set this up if anyone wouldnt mind cause im know AIM pretty well. we would ned to set up a time and date to have it. then once i get a list of all of the screen names, then i invite all of the members to a chat room that will just have our members in it.

The whole 53,000 of us or is it by invitation - you are going to do a lot of typing 😂

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

whoops, never thought about that

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I wouldn't have said adding a lot more moderators would help anything because the moderators we have now to a great job, and adding more wouldn't be very objective. I agree Flyaway's presence is quite limited but give RadarMan and TTT moderator abilities to the other forums and then they will be run well without vast change. I also don't think moderating is as easy as a lot of people think so in my opinion it is best left to the "professionals". Like I said, just my opinion 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Yeah, I agree with that, Jon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

davec wrote:

Jared wrote:

...we would have to make up a list of all the members screen names and i could set this up if anyone wouldnt mind cause im know AIM pretty well. we would ned to set up a time and date to have it. then once i get a list of all of the screen names, then i invite all of the members to a chat room that will just have our members in it.

The whole 53,000 of us or is it by invitation - you are going to do a lot of typing 😂

How about just the chief captains. Greekman72 should come though.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Well said 99jolegg - moderating takes a great deal of knowledge, patience, experience and maturity and I can't really see any of the candidates meeting all these criteria. Although I believe the thrust to have more moderators is in order to help the existing moderators and not to replace them, nevertheless, it could be taken as a criticism of Radarman and TTT, who, in fact are running the site at the moment, and very well too - God Bless Them.
I think we should all take a deep breath, count to 10 and try and define what is really wrong with the Forum. As yet, there would seem to be one main criticism - lack of leadership from flyaway for one reason or another.
But keep in mind that the site does belong to him and in effect he can do what he likes with it - even to the length of him saying " OK, you guys at your meeting can decide that you want a different kind of forum. Well do it with your money!!" Simple as that. What did you say? I paid the guy $5 - well hard cheese. - read the small print. But do you really want it to come to that???
If in the end, if you find the forum not to your liking - then don't visit the damn thing - I often miss visiting for 2-3 weeks, especially when someone's remarks have got up my nose and rather than start an argument - I ignore it - after all he may be correct. 😂

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

I think i should be able to come too. i ve been here for a while. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I agree. You post alot and are active in the forums.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Well, if this is to be done why don't we come up with a time and date.Don't worry about my time zone [if you do] afterall it's 1:11 in the morning for me.

One thing I really do find interesting is that RM hasn't participated in this topic at all.

Anyway I agree with you MyPilot, Jared should be able to come too. Afterall he is the one who started this topic.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Hey JVD thanks but i got a queston, whay part of the world is Mauritius
located in?

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

JVD wrote:

One thing I really do find interesting is that RM hasn't participated in this topic at all.

Has he been invited to the meeting?

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

It's near the Eastern edge of Madagascar [An African Island].

I've got one question. Who's going to set the date and time for this meeting ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

We have to have a time where flyaway can be there, along with TTT and RM. Maybe one of the mods.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Wow, your'e a fast typist Davec. I think that everyone who is a Chief Captain will be invited so that probably includes RM. In other words it's the people who are dedicated to this site.

Does anyone know where I can get this, AOL or whatever it is called.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I also need AOL. RM has to come. He's the most devoted to this site!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

the link to AIM is in this topic somewhere if u need it.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Ok, I'll see if I can get RM to come.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Got it, thanks! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

What is outlook? Don't you have to have an e-mail address? 😞

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Who are you talking to ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You, or any one who knows.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Embarassed I'll add my email to my account.The only reason I don't have it is I'm often in different countries but I'll change every time I go somewhere from now on.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I tried to change my Email address to my Mauritian one but it doesn't seem to be working. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Dear friends

First of all i have to thank you for all ur good advices. 😀

But i like to place for one more time my opinion here.I think that there is not need to have this meeting with the point to discuss about moderators.They r doing their job perfect and we can help them without being moderators too.

I think that arrange this meeting will be practically dificult but although i cant find any reason to fix it.

Cause of my job i take place to a lot of meetings per week and my small experience on this sais that if a meeting has one point about discussing when it finished it have grown up at least 10 more issues.So u arrange another one and another one and this is will going till the end of time... 😂

I dont try to critize ur ideas.I Know that u have on mind only the FLY AWAYs good ,but i think that the best for FLY AWAY is leave it as it is and look forward.

Our moderators are clever and decent persons with democraticly minds and we can help em doing their job even better when we work silently civilized and with good behaviour about this site.

We all come here to relax to have fun and first of all to be better simmers.

I say again that this is only my personal opinion and without put on spot dear friends idea.

If i offend someone im ready to apologise.

Friendly and respectful to all of you 😀 😀

Greekman72.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

The whole 53,000 of us or is it by invitation - you are going to do a lot of typing 😂[/quote]
How about just the chief captains.[/quote]

Oh NO

I'm only a Captain........I'll have to post a few hundred posts of crap to get me to Chief Captain so I can come.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Oh NO

The quotes didn't work properly

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

davec wrote:

Well said 99jolegg - moderating takes a great deal of knowledge, patience, experience and maturity and I can't really see any of the candidates meeting all these criteria. Although I believe the thrust to have more moderators is in order to help the existing moderators and not to replace them, nevertheless, it could be taken as a criticism of Radarman and TTT, who, in fact are running the site at the moment, and very well too - God Bless Them.
I think we should all take a deep breath, count to 10 and try and define what is really wrong with the Forum. As yet, there would seem to be one main criticism - lack of leadership from flyaway for one reason or another.
But keep in mind that the site does belong to him and in effect he can do what he likes with it - even to the length of him saying " OK, you guys at your meeting can decide that you want a different kind of forum. Well do it with your money!!" Simple as that. What did you say? I paid the guy $5 - well hard cheese. - read the small print. But do you really want it to come to that???
If in the end, if you find the forum not to your liking - then don't visit the damn thing - I often miss visiting for 2-3 weeks, especially when someone's remarks have got up my nose and rather than start an argument - I ignore it - after all he may be correct. 😂

Greekman72 wrote:

... I think that there is not need to have this meeting with the point to discuss about moderators.They r doing their job perfect and we can help them without being moderators too.

I agree with what davec and Greekman72 have stated clearly and logically. Well said, Dave! 😎 And I have to say congrats to RadarMan and TTT in the way they handle their moderatoring chores. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

michlin wrote:

davec wrote:

Well said 99jolegg - moderating takes a great deal of knowledge, patience, experience and maturity and I can't really see any of the candidates meeting all these criteria. Although I believe the thrust to have more moderators is in order to help the existing moderators and not to replace them, nevertheless, it could be taken as a criticism of Radarman and TTT, who, in fact are running the site at the moment, and very well too - God Bless Them.
I think we should all take a deep breath, count to 10 and try and define what is really wrong with the Forum. As yet, there would seem to be one main criticism - lack of leadership from flyaway for one reason or another.
But keep in mind that the site does belong to him and in effect he can do what he likes with it - even to the length of him saying " OK, you guys at your meeting can decide that you want a different kind of forum. Well do it with your money!!" Simple as that. What did you say? I paid the guy $5 - well hard cheese. - read the small print. But do you really want it to come to that???
If in the end, if you find the forum not to your liking - then don't visit the damn thing - I often miss visiting for 2-3 weeks, especially when someone's remarks have got up my nose and rather than start an argument - I ignore it - after all he may be correct. 😂

Greekman72 wrote:

... I think that there is not need to have this meeting with the point to discuss about moderators.They r doing their job perfect and we can help them without being moderators too.

I agree with what davec and Greekman72 have stated clearly and logically. Well said, Dave! 😎 And I have to say congrats to RadarMan and TTT in the way they handle their moderatoring chores. 🍻

Agreed 😉

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Well I came here to disagree with you all and I see some level-headed people already did !! I find it ludicrous that you come here then try to take over. Obviously this site is well managed or you wouldn't even be posting your mutiny posts. Why not spend money and start your own site so you can manage it as you see fit? How Self- gratifying...to take a poll as to the "New Moderators" on someone else's site ! I've seen it all now! Keep up the good work, Flyaway and Radarman! rob



Last edited by rob (Habu) on Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

They do do a good job moderating. 😀 But what about a moderator for the "Other" and "Scenery" forums? And someone assigned to the screenshots? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

They do do a good job moderating. 😀 But what about a moderator for the "Other" and "Scenery" forums? And someone assigned to the screenshots? 😕

That is probably not a bad idea. My question (not being that familiar with the software this site uses), is whether moderator means someone who cleans up the mess after the fact or stops it before it actually gets posted ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

We do have a moderator for the Other and Scenery forum, and is flyaway.
He, RadarMan, and TTT do a great job in this site. And I think that we don't need another moderator. We have enough.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

mypilot wrote:

... And someone assigned to the screenshots? 😕

Absolutely! Screenshots should be posted in a timely fashion. 😀 YES! YES! YES!

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Isn't flyaway supposed to check the S Shots ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

There really isn't a problem with the forum, it is managed very well by 3 experienced moderators and has been successful for over a year that I know of and nothing has changed. The screenshot area has been adjusted so that only members can reply with comments so rude and offensive comments cannot now be posted. Screenshots are uploaded by Flyaway every day or so and offensive posts in other forums are deleted. Could someone explain to me where the problem is ❓ 😉

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions