Learning to Fly on Flight Simulator

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

This may surprise you, but I don't know how to fly on Flight Simulator ROFL

Where have you learned to fly on the sim? I need to find some material so I can learn to fly - fast!

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Surprised I learned how to fly on FS98. 😂 Just the basics though. I've gone through the learning center stuff and the lessons by Rod. The first lessons aren't hard. It's when you start IFR and ATP that it gets hard.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you mean lessons fly your better off with the lessons in the sim, don't try to get the certificate or study this.

http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I learned on FS1. Of course in those days, you got a real book to read. Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

The Learning Center helps a lot, as well as the lessons.

Once you know the basics, start practicing until you got it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Thanks for the info. I was flying my own style 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Everybody has their own style, anyway.

Spam_Man Guest

I also first learned on fs98 that was old skool! after that you just had to adapt to the cockpit and instruments as they have grown considerably since then! It's hard at first to think how u get a 777 on a runway from 35,000! And to calculate aproach speeds but with a few lessons you'll get the idea! Use the ILS hold and autopilot to help you see how it should be done. The lessons Sometimes don't let you use it so fly the traffic pattern for practice good luck!

Pro Member Trainee
falconjgc Trainee

Try learning to fly from the seat of your pants! 😂 The learning center does help alot too like Agus said.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Everybody has their own style, anyway.

Except me. Wacko Of course, if you aren't limiting that to "good" style, then maybe I have style.

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

I actually got into FS9 last year. I played FS95 back in the day and, well let's just say I wasn't impressed.

I actually learned to fly by flying a plane, of all things. I'm currently working on gaining the hours to shoot for my Commercial rating.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...