Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Buy now or wait?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I see a number of global scenery addons and enhancements that are available for FS2004. Does it make sense to buy any of them, or does it pay to wait for FS2006 and see what improvements it has? Think

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... Thats a tough question to answer Dont Know

Most of the scenery add ons for fs2002 could be made to run in fs9 (with self installers you had to change where it was going)so it may be the same with fs9 add ons

Fs10 is a bit of an unknown,Microsoft have said nothing and nobody knows anything about its spec and what will be needed to run it

If you go back to the start of flightsim and see the changes made,you can see its a totally different beast now Arrow

http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/start.htm

So do you buy or hang on? Dont Know

Its all about whether you can fly without that bit of scenery/aircraft for another year
We all may need to upgrade our PCs Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I agree with TTT

I doubt that 2004 scenery will work in 2006, they will most likely build a new "engine" because of 64bit becoming the norm.
Many of the add ons that you buy now may get patched by the designers but many won't.

Do you wait or enjoy it for a year. Wall Bashing

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Hmmm...I think I'll wait. I've got a plethora of planes to fly (mostly freeware) and and can make do without a scenery upgrade now. I've added some scenery enhancements to my favorite airports, so it won't be too bad. Yes