Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

frame rates 'again'

tonemar Guest

When moving on the ground frames rate only 2fps. Instantly when in the air no problem at all even with all the sliders maximum. Come round to land no problem until the wheels hit the ground, instantly frame rate goes to 2fps
Anybody any ideas?
T Rolling Eyes

Andy2005 Guest

I noticed something similar although my frame rate never got as low as 2fps. When taxiing on the ground my frame rate was slower but when I take off the frame rate goes up. Also when my plane is pointing at the ground (during flight) the frame rate is lower than facing up. Probably something to do with viewing the ground scenery.
If you haven't already I would download the frame rate speed up file Radarman reccommended in the other frame rate post. It does a world of good.
Andy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

What are your PC specs?

It sounds like you have quite a bad graphics card and it cannot process all of the data so try upgrading it. The fact that it works fine in the air suggests this. Otherwise, lower all of the sliders near the ground.

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When your on the ground your surrounded by graphic intensive scenery, as you leave the busy airport it all thins out and your FPS rises.
Try the program that Andy mentioned and see if that helps.

As 99jolegg suggested your computer or video card may not be "up to the job".

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Henning+Schaefer&CatID=root&Go=Search&Cookie=1

Radar

Spam_Man Guest

Yeah i got the same thing till i upgraded my pc, but ur framerate should still be quite slow with clouds present when pitching up that is unles ur using simple clouds. thats what i found anyway!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Spam_Man wrote:

Yeah i got the same thing till i upgraded my pc, but ur framerate should still be quite slow with clouds present when pitching up that is unles ur using simple clouds. thats what i found anyway!

Your right, clouds will give you the biggest FPS hit.
Keep the clouds to the lowest you can unless you have a monster machine.

Radar