SearchSearch 

some kind problem..black hole in scenery PANC

Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

Hello, just wondering if anyone might know.......when i'm at the airport Stevens Anchorage Intl-PANC.......i see a 'black hole'.......like on the ground......the black texture is all over the runway 14......and form high above..looks like a football field......and when like i try land...the flight sim crashes to the desktop.....i try re-install the game...still same problem

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sounds your drivers need updating.
If not.

Is this scenery part of the MS scenery or add-on, if it's add-on don't use it.

Uninstalling and reinstalling should take a while, you have to clean out all the remaining parts of the sim to reinstall it.
That's why many of the members do a clean install of Windows before they reinstall the sim.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

figured out i put this thing in the wrong subject area.....i finally see this is for "aircraft".....maybe it wont hurt them to accidenty post this here......i'm gonna try....uninstall the video driver deal....uninstall FS9.......i tryed to go to the ATI website to try update my vid driver but i dont know what its is.......i got a Mobility Radeon 9000.....and i dont see the update for that .. ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Since they "improved" their website I can't find older drivers either. The sites a mess now and you should help by putting in a complaint.
I'm going to put in one now, I use ATI also.

Anyway, you have an older card so don't use the latest drivers. Use older drivers that were made for your card.
Install the sim, see how it works, if your satisfied keep the drivers you have now or get a better card depending on how old your system is.
The machines manufacturer may have newer drivers, they won't let me in without a password (Dell), I imagine others ore the same.

I found this but don't use it unless you are certain that it's for your card.

http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-ATI_Mobility_Radeon_9000_9200_9600_9700-24066.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

allrighty. thanks. from the looks i probaly gots to try the downlaod from home. my work internet is too slow.

Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

hey i was finally doing a "full install".............and while on the 4th disk.........it stopped......and said

Microsoft flight simulator 2004 encounterd a disk error while writing to the file c:\programfiles\microsoft games\flight simulator9\scenery\cities\amsterd.cab

make shure your hard disk is not full, and the file is not in use.

................my cd for flight sim little scratched...you think that might be it?...........my hard drive is not full..........and file cant be in use..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

Group Wave heeeey.....thanks!!!! Clap

Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

Hey. maybe i found a download spot for the driver......seems that
drivers.soft32.com
didnt want to let the download go.so i searched and came up with

www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/uop/view/3416

i'm downloading it now. however last night i formatted my hardrive. and installed flight sim.....same problem.....hopefully Unsure it will work.......otherwise Wall Bashing

Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

hey radarman. did you sayd you needed the driver for the Mobility Radion 9000?........i just got one from Dell.

[url]support.dell.com[/url]

then click on the "home and home office".....
then click on "downloads".....
and you will see it ask for Express service tag...

i'm still have problem though in PANC default scenery...from 3k feet. look like colorful crop circles......i even tryed to copy the desktops flight simulator files and copy them to mine folders.....wont change.....