Cessna 172

ZOTAN Guest

This may be an odd request, but how can I get the default C172 get up to about 400 knots? I know I have to change something in the cfg file, but im not sure what. Also, could I have two C172's? Would I just copy and paste the C172 folder in the aircraft folder, or would I have to do more? I would like to have two planes; the default C172 and the modified one.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you do change one you may have to rename the folder and possibly the texture so that you can tell one from the other in the menu.
Don't damage the original or the sim won't work.

See if any of these SDK's help, if not we'll look elsewhere to find what change to make.

I personally don't think the aircraft's construction can withstand those speeds and still have wings, you'd have to shut down damage in settings.

We have one member who does work on his air cfg, ElkinAllen, you may have to wait for him.

Here is the SDK site.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2798/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-sdk-pack-all-kits/

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

ZOTAN wrote:

This may be an odd request, but how can I get the default C172 get up to about 400 knots? I know I have to change something in the cfg file, but im not sure what. Also, could I have two C172's? Would I just copy and paste the C172 folder in the aircraft folder, or would I have to do more? I would like to have two planes; the default C172 and the modified one.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

WHY????? exactly would you want to do that?

Simple answer slew up as high as possible and then nose dive. Im sure youd get your high speed then.!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

That is the question isn't it? Why would you want to do such a thing?

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

ZOTAN wrote:

This may be an odd request, but how can I get the default C172 get up to about 400 knots?

Also, could I have two C172's?

Sure it can be done, but since reality isn't an issue here why don't you just press 'Y' then F4 to reach altitude, then F2 to stop climbing, and finally tap your UP arrow 16 times to reach 400 KIAS? If you keep tapping the up arrow, you will top out at 40,000 KIAS after 40 taps! 😁

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Once you've done that press "R++" to speed up the time.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...