Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Hi all...Newbie here!!!!

Harleyman Guest

Been checking out this site for a couple of days now....Looks great,and have decided to join...But Pay Pal,,as usual is not working properly...So Have been flying,,or I should say,,trying to fly FS 2004 for a couple weeks now.... Not having much luck...Seem to fail all my lessons...lol Rod seems to always tell me I'm distracted and ends my lessons.....I really would like to smash his virtual butt..... Twisted Evil But I have been just creating my own flights and having fun..My puter seems to be too old and slow to properly fly this though....It stalls and flutters and such....and the graphics,,well lets just say they are prehistoric.....

So after getting to know the basics a little,I decided to go back and start over...With the flying lessons....Well,,as it turns out,,I am not doing too bad,,I am flying them according to what Rod says,but due to my crappy puter,Rod thinks that I am distracted,he must see something other than what I see on my puter...lol seems that my altitudes,angles of bank and desent are correct,but he doesn;t think so....What a chump......

Have a three yr old Compac 5000..No mem or Ram it seems..And an intergrated video card...This will not work.... My wife thinks I'm crazy when I went and had a puter built for this.... So,,tell me what you think of this one that should arrive in a few more days...

Being no puter geek,,I went on the experience of the saleswoman..She seems to know her stuff.....

So.....This is what I'm waiting for.....And I hope it helps.....

Compaq Presario w/intel
Pentium 4 2.8 GH z Processor
sound Blaster Audigy 2 card
256MB DDR ATI Radeon 9600 w/ TV out & DVI cap
120 GB 7200 rpm Ultra DMA Hard drive
Promo 1GB DDR/PC 3200 (2DIMM)
2.8GH (HT) Intel Pentium 4
16x DVD ROM Drive
Microsoft Windows XP Edition Out of space here....See ya soon.....

Yea...So I'm a little long winded.....lol
Didn't realixe these posts had to be kept short.... I will try and get back to Pay Pal and see If they are up in a few....Really want to down load some new planes when my new puter arrives....

Hope I can get some great tips on how to fly here,,and am looking forward to it....

I'm not a pilot,but I have flown my buddies 172c Cesna(sp) just like the one in the lesson,,,but thats another story........

BUT....I have always been intrested in planes and flying....

Later...... Mason

Well...Damn......Just Damn.....

Pay Pal still not working.......

And 10 views......Noone wants to talk to the new guy? 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hey bud, the computer sound great.
That's one of the best Video cards that you can get. When you start to fly on it you won't recognize the Sim, the difference from the old to the new will be amazing, good to see some new enthusiastic blood here.

Hey Radarman...... Thanks for the hello.....yea,,I am ready to go...now all I need is my new puter,,and Paypal to work.....lol

WOW...I just flew my first IRF flight...From some island to honu. International......wow...had trouble with some compass settings and flight trim,,but I got there...Was way cool...If I only knew what I was doing now.....hehe... BTW....Are all these planes so hard to taxi???? Between my lousy graphics and an out of control taxi I only hit one jet....Good thing I had the crash feathure off.......