SearchSearch 

Add on Scenery Slow Down

Fuzzy_Bear Guest

Hi all

Totally new to all this but I took the plunge yesterday and bought a copy of FS2004 and I was quietly impressed. It chugs along ok on my very modest AMD 1.4GHZ, 512MB DDR, Sapphire Radeon 9200 256MB.

The one thing that I'm still not very happy with is the scenery and I'm already thinking of purchasing some of the VFR scenery products England Wales and Scotland (where I live).

However since my PC is'nt a monster by any means, will this new software slow it down at all? Its on the limit at the moment and I would rather keep a better FR than slow right down and ruin the simulation just so I can see my house!!

Thanks in advance

😀

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hello and welcome to the world of Flight sim

The VFR series for England and Wales should'nt affect frame rates too much.It will increase the time it takes to load each new flight though.And you can'nt fly at night

Why not start with just you local airport and perhaps your destination airports.

For frame rates check this ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/708/frame-rate-fix/

Also check this forum for VFR and downloadable scenery. I found some Scotish scenery and posted the info.

Here's a good link for nearly all your needs. (the scenery files site is a good starter) ➡

Also some Mesh will enhance Fs9 no end.

Hope this helps & Happy landings

Fuzzy_Bear Guest

Thanx Tomthetank.

I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Looking to upgrade my processor to at least a P4 2.5 in the next few months so hopefully things will get better.

Thanks again

😀

Francesco Guest

[quote="Fuzzy_Bear"]Hi all

Totally new to all this but I took the plunge yesterday and bought a copy of FS2004 and I was quietly impressed. It chugs along ok on my very modest AMD 1.4GHZ, 512MB DDR, Sapphire Radeon 9200 256MB.

Hi,
I just bought same your graphic card to overplace my old GeForce2. I experienced some crashings with FS2002 in my very first flights, and I'm a little worried about that...are there any clues about settings or drivers or known issues you can tell me? Are you satisfied with this card?

Thanks
Francesco

Pro Member Trainee
Mediatech Trainee

I had this card and got rid of it because it's too slow. I am running a P4 2.6G with 1 Gig of ram and an ATI 9800 Pro video card. Some of the scenery I just loaded for Canada is great with allot of detail but the frame rate still is slow and stepping. It seems that the computer can't keep up with the processing and when you are flying the video seems to step until the video card can catch up and process the detailed scenery.
I hope someone out there can find a fix for this since the computer is quite fast, so there must be something I am doing wrong. Maybe the frame rate must be set differently or........ PLEASE help!
I would hate to think that you need a dual processor and an extreme video card with tons of memory to enjoy flying over some great scenery. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😞 You should "chug along" quite nicely with that spec
Obvious things 1st are yor video drivers up to date? 2nd close all non essential progs down.And 3rd have a tweak at the settings in fs9 AA settings and all that stuff also try setting framerate to between 25/35(some say it makes a differance)

Have a tweek and let us know

Oh and make sure DirectX is upto date

TTT

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Mediatech Trainee

The drivers are up to date and the frame rate is set to 30, the only scenery I have trouble with is the ones I downloaded from walhalla, they are great but I wish the video was smoother. I will check the direct x and will let you know, Thanks