Mouse over stammer

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Only a learner and wonder if someone can help.
I am getting print stammer when I mouse over the instruments of my Cessna 172 panel - EG [AttitudAttitAttitattitAttiAttiAtti] or [AltimAltimAltimAltim].
At 75 I dont have 20/20 😳 vision but this doesn't help - can any one solve this for me.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hello davec
I've not come across this one before but my first thoughts are memory and graphic card.

1st for your memory, shut everything thats not required down(If your on b/band use your Firewall to stop all internet traffic,then shut down anti virus(high resourse use) but keep firewall )

On XP you can see what eating your resourses by pressing Ctrl,Alt and Delete together then click the Processes tab .

2nd you dont give any system details so make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

A couple things to try,good luck

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for tips.
Should have said - I'm running a 2Ghz Pentium with 512 MB of Ram on Windows XP Home and an S3 ProSavageDDR Compaq graphics card.
Will check out the drivers and let you know.

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Thank to both of you. I learned two thinks:
From Davec that I am not the oldest one at the forum (65)
and from tomthetank the ctrl-.alt dell staff something I really needed

Pro Member Captain

Went into S3Graphics site and d/ld drivers but Device Manager indicates that Card driver is latest. Task Manager indicates 5-10% CPU usage with or without AV prog running.
Stammer occurs on 5 or 6 different a/c panels I have used.
Hope that 'RAFI' with the gall of the younger generation, doesn't suggest that it might, at my age, be my eyes 🙄 that are the problem!!! 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ah 😕 Have you added new panels? If so let us know which seems the worst affected and anyone else who has that panel can say if they get problems with it(and Ill try it out on my system)

The S3 ProSavageDDR Compaq graphics card???? is this an intergrated graphics chip? If so I found this

http://ranger.s3graphics.com/viaarena/420drv/

And to both of you............Thanks I feel a lot younger now 😛 😛

Pro Member Captain

Have been investigating my graphics card - think the 32 Mb might be too small for the settings I have used. Card was in computer package when purchased and am now looking around for 64 or 128 Mb card.

Thanks for all the help

Regards from Scotland and per RAFI - the oldest flyer in the sky ❓ ❓

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...