Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Weather

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I have the real weather selected, but I'm touring the pensacola area and find only some low clouds and a few broken clouds with tops of 15k. I'm at 21k and it is a nice day. So where is Hurricane Dennis???

A few months ago a Hurricane hit my little Island of Mauritius. So I decided to load the FlightSim [the Electricty didn't go off] and test the real weather option. It was an absolute disaster Mad

CrashGordon wrote:

I have the real weather selected, but I'm touring the pensacola area and find only some low clouds and a few broken clouds with tops of 15k. I'm at 21k and it is a nice day. So where is Hurricane Dennis???

I'm sure the weather server is slow. Try it again next week and you'll will probably get Hurricane Dennis.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Hmm... I've heard of a 20 minute delay on stock tickers, but a week's delay in weather isn't something I'd anticipated. Must be a time warp. Rolling Eyes

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

CrashGordon,

I flew from Tampa to Pensecola and had the same results. There were a few clouds and some thunder and lightening and that was it...??? Most of the time Real Weather works for me. From what people here at FlyAway tell me it depends on where the METAR site is located that is the dependancy on the weather updates.