Water Help

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

Hi, all
i have been trying to put new water textres in FS, and i cannot do it!! i follow installation exactly, and i try other stuff, too, but i ABSOLUTELY, CANNOT, 100% CANNOT get even a hint that new water textures are starting to appear. i NEED help!! if you want to try to install the water textures that i want for yourself and if it works post the way you installed it, then download them here-
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=42746

thanks for all the help, guys, and i appreciate it all.

robbier

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

robbier,

I have downloaded the textures and installed them as it says in the readme file and they work for me.

Firstly to try and solve your problem, it says in the readme to make sure your water settings in the sim are set to 'high'. Go to the main screen and click settings. Then click 'display'. You will find a slider for water textures. Slide this all the way to the right. If your land textures were set to the maximum then they will drop slightly, it is not possible to have both water and land textures very high at the same time.

Try it out. If that doesnt work then follow these instructions.

1. Unzip the waterzone.zip file that you downloaded.

2. Copy the 2 folders included in the unzipped file and paste them in the main FS2004 folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS9).

3. If a message comes up saying you need to overwrite the files click yes every time.

4. Make sure settings for water textures in the sim are set to high as described before.

This should work, but let us know if you need any more help. 😉

YAY! this post makes me a captain!!!

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

ok, im trying that right now.

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Let us know if it works

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

well, i tried doing it your ways, and every other way i coyld think of, and it didnt work 😞 i also have a problem with my water effects slider. whenever i put that slider to high, i click OK, then when i go back into there, the water effects slider has gone back to low. i dont know if the water effects slider at low would make a difference in how i noticed the new water textures, but i have now 2 problems. 1- cant install water textures 2- water effects slider goes to low no matter what i do

thanks,
robbier

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

What is the make of your graphics card? it may be that it isnt able to cope with that setting

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X, and I also have the latest driver

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I can't remember right now the name of the slide just above the "water slide" but you have to set that one at ½ just to get the water slide to stay where you put it.
Play with that and you'll see.

(I have both shut off)

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

actually, i have terrain detail (the one above water slider) set to 1/2, and water slider (well, trying) to set it to full, but it doesnt work. But this still doesnt solve my new water installation problem 😞

thanks,
robbier

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Robbier, i think your installation is probably ok, its just that you need the water setting on HIGH for it to show up in the sim..

Your problem is now getting that slider to stay there, as it seems not to like you very much!

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

well, do you know of a way if any to get that slider to stay?

thanks,
robbier

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Not a clue!

Mine just stays where its put!
If I have the land slider all the way to the right, it automatically adjusts itself to a lower setting when water textures are set to high. Try setting the land setting in the middle first, then setting the water to high see if that works.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Its most likely to be youre Gfx card ,try d/loading Riva Tuner
Its a tool for Nvidia cards that let you tweak it it a little bit ➡

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

Something else to read ➡

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.html

Also try the newest Omega driver ➡

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

If none of the above work,then Im sorry,its time to upgrade

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...