SearchSearch 

Fs2002-Helicopter (Bell) control

Pro Member Trainee
Hawksie Trainee

Hi fellow simers;
My Son gave me FS2002 last Christmas. And Flight Deck 3. I really like it but I can't keep the Bell chopper controled. I use the numbpad 0 and enter but within minutes, it's out of control. Same with the Extra 300. I can't even take off straight down the runway. It seems like 0 and enter just lags behind the plane's actual motions. Would anyone give me the answers? I can't be the only one having these problems. Embarassed

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No your not alone. I don't have 2002, I use 2004 but helicopters are very hard to handle, when you do learn they're just like any other craft.
If the "Extra" is anything like the one that I have they take a delicate hand, they are an aerobatics aircraft after all and have to respond immediately.

Here is a site for helicopters, I believe that they still have free lessons, you should take the lessons that are in 2002 (if they have any).
http://www.hovercontrol.com/

You didn't mention having a joystick, that would be a huge help.
Good luck and let us know how your doing.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Even on FS98. But on that, you can't even shut off the engine. THey say it is a "saftey precaution" 😂 When you are on the ground you keep spinning around. It's weird. 😳

flyer152 Guest

RadarMan wrote:

If the "Extra" is anything like the one that I have they take a delicate hand, they are an aerobatics aircraft after all and have to respond immediately.
Radar

Hi i have been for a ride in an Extra 300 by the RJF and it is nothing like the sim version at all. it is realy smooth and easy to fly (easer than my C150). I do feel that the taxing is very unrealstic, it needs to be damped alot in the sim you just cant taxi the thing anywhere!!! (no change in FS2004)

Pro Member Trainee
Hawksie Trainee

Hi flyer...I have a little more control on the ground by using the"center rudder " key. Might help you too. Happy landings...Joe Hawks.