Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

OT: My performance!

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

I have drums performance this tuesday and I'm absolutely shaking. I have to perform a drum solo in front of a thousand people (which you may think that is quite low) all on my own! Does anyone have anyway advice on how to keep calm, whenever I do a performance my legs start shaking lol 🙂 Help! Unsure Wall Bashing Doh!

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

That happens with my too. 😂 Embarassed Even when just sharring a book report to the class. I've had to do a solo with my trumpet in frot of about 400 people, but not thousands. I was really nervouse too. I just thought to myself what's the worst that could happen? You could mess up a note or two. If you do the audience probly won't even notice. I say just do it and get it over with.
Good Luck.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks a lot for the advice. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yeh just relax as much as you can and think it'll all be over in about 3 minutes and you won't think any more of it after that. The more performances you do, the less you will be scared of them 😉 Like SamIntel said, if you make a mistake, the majority of the audience won't even notice. You are likely to be highly critical of your performance even though the audience thought it was great! Good Luck 😉

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks a lot 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I believe that ur a great drumer and i also believe that ur going to give a perfect solo and make ur audience enthousiastic.Why?...simple because ur a proffesional and only proffesionals are nervous in this kind of conditions.This happens cause they want to be perfect and give their best.And your best will be much more from what ur audience waiting from you.

Trust yourself and all gonna be great.Group Wave

Greekman72

Pro Member First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

I believe that ur a great drumer and i also believe that ur going to give a perfect solo and make ur audience enthousiastic.Why?...simple because ur a proffesional and only proffesionals are nervous in this kind of conditions.This happens cause they want to be perfect and give their best.And your best will be much more from what ur audience waiting from you.

Trust yourself and all gonna be great.Group Wave

Greekman72

Wow, thanks a lot for for your great compliments and advice. yes it's very true, I do want to impress people, to play perfectly and to sound good. You seem like a very nice person 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Nobody will ever play anything perfectly, even the professionals. But think of it this way: Only YOU will know if it went slightly wrong.

If the audience have never heard something before, they arent going to know how it is supposed to go - if it sounds good, thats enough to impress them!

Good luck!

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Barge wrote:

Nobody will ever play anything perfectly, even the professionals. But think of it this way: Only YOU will know if it went slightly wrong.

If the audience have never heard something before, they arent going to know how it is supposed to go - if it sounds good, thats enough to impress them!

Good luck!

I do believe too but it depends on what kind of persons we are.There are some people which try to reach perfect although this is very very difficult.

It has to do with selfrespect,with responsibility,with ambition and lots more.Anyway it is truth that noone would spot some mistakes but in my opinion if I spot a mistake ,even noone else did it ,i ll try to be better next time.Its my personal way in life.Im not offensive to u my friend Barge ,i respect ur opinion and ur advice to dear Twistedsucker.And i wish him to choose the best way (''one way or another'' as Four known Blondes Sais 😉 ....)to make him feel comfortable to his audience.

''Only the best is good enough'' 😉

Friendly 😀

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Allright, depending on what you're playing, strap 4 sparklers to your drumsticks, halfway through the performance, have someone who's hiding next to you light them. Believe me, even if you mess up, no one will care, you'll have pyrotechics 😀😀😀

Pro Member First Officer

Lol ok thanks for your advice FEM lol. You're all right here, so theres no need for debates on which advice is the best. I take in all types of advice and try to combine them and see if it works, and it usually does. So thanks ALL of you for your advice.

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

twistedsucker wrote:

Lol ok thanks for your advice FEM lol. You're all right here, so theres no need for debates on which advice is the best. I take in all types of advice and try to combine them and see if it works, and it usually does. So thanks ALL of you for your advice.

LOL hope that doesnt include FEMs advice!

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Allright, depending on what you're playing, strap 4 sparklers to your drumsticks, halfway through the performance, have someone who's hiding next to you light them. Believe me, even if you mess up, no one will care, you'll have pyrotechics

Pro Member First Officer

LOL hope that doesnt include FEMs advice!

Well....not exactly no lol 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Nope nope nope! Just play, you'll do awesome!!! Take a video and show us!

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks! I'm not sure about the video though, but ill keep you informed. 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Hi everyone! Glad to say everything went well, flawless, thanks to all of your support and encouragement and advice. I have another gig tomorrow, playing drums for my band. Im less nervous this time, thanks all!!! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave

Greekman72

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks 🙂