Flaps - FS Passengers

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi,

There has been a post on this recently but im not sure what the outcome was. On the flight report, it for a Cessna 172 it says improper flap setting because I didn't use flaps. The second time, I did use flaps of 10 degrees which seemed too much but then the message disappeared. The third time I used 10 degrees of flaps, the message came up. I'm guessing it is specific for the weight of the aircraft but is there a way of finding the flap setting for different weights ?

Thanks in advance 😉

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

It doesn't base it on weight, just that you've put at least 1 click of flaps down for takeoff. Leave them down for a while after you take off just to be safe. It's happened with me once.

Andy2005 Guest

Thanks 99jolegg and FEM. 😀 Now perhaps I can start getting some bonus points!!

🍻
Andy

Pro Member Chief Captain

You want awesome bonus points, set a destination and time of arrival! That and touch down with less than 100 Feet per second. The one I just did, i got about 62 f/s.

Also, fly for around 2 hours (If you're doing it the man's way and starting a Career mode, otherwise 3-5 hrs in a cheat jet 😛) with no time compression, and you'll get really good points this way too!

Andy2005 Guest

Also, fly for around 2 hours (If you're doing it the man's way and starting a Career mode, otherwise 3-5 hrs in a cheat jet ) with no time compression, and you'll get really good points this way too!

Cool! I've started in a mooney bravo from KSFO to KSEA. I'll try a soft landing to.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yep!

IMPORTANT!!!-

Allow yourself TONS of time when you select time of arrival. As in, a 2 1/2 hr flight, allow about 3 hr 15min total time! this is quite important, not just 2hr 45min or something!

Andy2005 Guest

How do you work out a good time of arrival? I don't want to get penalised for arriving too early. (And you can't wait at the airport until the correct time to end the flight because apparently your passengers get bored)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

For shorter flights i.e. below 150 nm I add 1/2 hour to the estimated time of arrival and this gets me to the airport within 2 minutes. For longer flights 200nm+ add an hour. I also found out that the flap setting does depend on the weight of the aircraft. I left the flaps extended for a while longer at 10 degrees and still got an incorrect flap setting penalty, though the aircraft was quite heavy. Using the same flap setting on a shorter flight with less weight onboard, I didn't get the penalty 🙄. 😉

F1_Ferrari Guest

All i do to get estimated time, was to look on the GPS system, assuming you were at the airport you wanted to leave from, it will tell you how many miles, i then go on my avarage speed. which is normally around 160 - 180 mph in my blessed little mooney your workings out is apparant, then i add 30 mins on top for Taxi time, and landing.

Tip to all that are getting low points, put it on hard, ok so ya might screw 1 profile up, just make a new one once your used to it and rake in the points, my last flight was a true 2h11m flight from Belfast International to Manston. i recived a total of 480 points. thats the best i have got so far. but i am sure there is more points to be earned elsewhere considering the time scale does not incress that much per level put the points see to get bigger.

I am still new to passengers so i am no expert. VET's will be better with this.

Have fun

Pro Member Chief Captain

Check the manual for the flaps

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...