FYI: Boeing 747 fact

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I was watching a show about the history of jet engines on History Channel's Modern Marvels earlier. The following was shown just before a commercial break.

The Boeing 747 has carried enough passengers to equal 1/4 of the population of the world: about 1½ billion people

😳 😳 😳

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Amazing fact! Thanks.
I've never been on one.
Also that's a lot of little bags of peanuts!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

The 747 is fading out. The 777 is replacing it. 😞

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Come on now. The 744 still has some more time left in it. its only 14 or 15 years old.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

The 747 is fading out. The 777 is replacing it. 😞

This is pretty gruesome - it's a quote from Airliners Magazine #94.

Truly A "Fully Flat Seat"
Aircraft such as the Airbus A340-500 and Boeing 777-200 LR have taken flight duration to a new level. One major airlines' 17+ hour flights from New York and Los Angeles, for example, have led it to introduce numerous service features to ensure that passengers are comfortable for such long trips. It has gone one step beyond by installing a special, elongated, refrigerated compartment for use in the rare event that someone dies while way out over the Pacific. The "corpse cupboard", as it is unoffically called, is near an exit door with straps to ensure that the body isn't buffeted by turbulence.

...... Flight attendents admit to using the space to chill wines, since it does not get much use, thankfully.

😳
I know I don't want a glass of that wine after it being in the morgue! Note it doesn't give the airline's name Wink

I'd love to know who it is!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Is that true??????????????

It has gone one step beyond by installing a special, elongated, refrigerated compartment for use in the rare event that someone dies while way out over the Pacific. The "corpse cupboard", as it is unoffically called, is near an exit door with straps to ensure that the body isn't buffeted by turbulence.

😳 😳 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

According to Airliners, it's true!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Geese. Surprised

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Chris102 wrote:

... I know I don't want a glass of that wine after it being in the morgue!

That wouldn't stop me as long as the cork had not been previously popped. 🍻 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...