Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Question regarding my cat

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hey. I took my cat in to get spayed the other day. Come to find out, she had a upper respirtory infection. She's an adult domestic shorthair.

The questions

1. Would this infection cause her to loose a lot of weight (She used to weigh 22lb, after having kittens and getting sick, shes down to 5lb.

2. What's the best types of food and things i can give her to have her get her weight back (She's so thin, it's beginning to scare me)

3. Will this 5lb weight and being sick kill her before I have a chance to get her weight back?

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Surprised 22 to 5 pounds! Get her to the vet ASAP!!! I have a British Blue short haired cat. He just got his annual shots the other day. I feed him Max Cat Gourment Classic Salmon food. It is sort of expensive but it is supposed to be really good for them. Do you feed your cat dry or wet food? Vets have said that the wet food isn't too good for them.

Here is my cat. Very Happy [

By the way, he weighs 17 pounds.

Pro Member Chief Captain

We just got her back from there. I'm giving her lots of food and evaporated milk to try and pack on some pounds

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Shes is absolutely needs serum support.If ur vet dont suggest u this change him and go ASAP to another vet or even better to a pets hospital.

I dont want to dissapoint u but she is in a bad condition that cant restore with simple food.

Let us know how she is going....Poor animal Sad

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain

How good do you think your vet is? We go all the way up to San Pedro for our vet because there are no good ones around our area.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Our vet is excellent. Im now wondering if there's any special food or anything to help her gain weight faster

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Do you feed your cat dry or wet food? Vets have said that the wet food isn't too good for them.

My cats love wet food Laughing And they don't eat too much dry food.

I think that wet food is not a problem for them. Everytime we give them food the come running to eat!

FEM, evaporated milk is going to increase her weight. You should take her to the vet so they check your cat.

Pro Member Chief Captain

That's what I want to happen, increasing her weight back to normal

Pro Member Chief Captain

Good luck. Very Happy

Thomas Cruise Mapother Guest

FEM, Go with whatever advice you get from your vet ..... Don't listen to people DIAGNOSING your pet on this website ! ! ! !

Some people need to get a grip - Greekman, unless you ARE a vet, why are you trying to diagnose and make statements that you KNOW what is wrong with his cat.

It's a really stupid thing to do ....... Speak to your vet again if you're worried, or maybe to another vet, but please don't listen to people who KNOW what is wrong with your cat from a posting of a Flight Sim web-site.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I already had her to the vet, don't worry about that. I'm just asking if anyone knows good food/stuff to give her to have her gain weight faster

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Hey FEM,

Lot's of love and attention, and maybe some extra milk oughtta help !

(and I bet your cat would agree with me !).

Have to agree with Thomas about people saying they know what's wrong and what the cat need tho ....... best leave that to the pro's.

Pro Member Chief Captain

F_E_M, don't listen to us, man.

Never have Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain

haha, MP, that's classic.

of course, t'was only joking, i respect and appreciate any info given!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah, I realize that.

You know, it's funny, we should start a list of everybody's abreviations. Laughing

haha, MP, that's classic.