42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
100+
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

How hot has it gotten where you live this summer?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

100 yesterday, Southern California. Yes

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

If you accept temperatures from other countries Wink

95 Athens-Greece

....(and almost full moon tonight...great evening Very Happy )

Greekman72

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

We are 30 + days and counting of day over 100 we may be looking at breaking the record of 38 days straingt over 100

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

95 Northeastern PA

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

100 yesterday, Southern California. Yes

Radar

Not in my part. I live close enough to the coast I dont' get that kind of heat. We go to my grandma's house who lives in Phionex. We try not to go during the summer because of the heat. We were there one time and it was 126 degrees!!! Shocked

Don Wood Guest

I'm in the Nevada desert 100 miles north of Las Vegas. We, too, have been at or above 100 degrees for over a month. For the past several days, we have exceeded 115 degrees and yesterday it was 120 degrees.

The airlines flying out of Las Vegas (and I presume Phoenix also) have begun to deny seats to some passengers with reservations in order to lighten the load. With the excessive heat, they cannot get off the ground fully loaded.

My airport is located at 1975 feet ASL and the runway is over 5000 feet long. I did a weight and balance calculation yesterday and my C-172, which is usually an honest 3-adult airplane with full fuel is only a 1-adult airplane in these temperatures.

BTW Radarman, what keystrokes do you use to produce the "degree" character in your post?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don Wood wrote:

I'm in the Nevada desert 100 miles north of Las Vegas. We, too, have been at or above 100 degrees for over a month. For the past several days, we have exceeded 115 degrees and yesterday it was 120 degrees.

The airlines flying out of Las Vegas (and I presume Phoenix also) have begun to deny seats to some passengers with reservations in order to lighten the load. With the excessive heat, they cannot get off the ground fully loaded.

My airport is located at 1975 feet ASL and the runway is over 5000 feet long. I did a weight and balance calculation yesterday and my C-172, which is usually an honest 3-adult airplane with full fuel is only a 1-adult airplane in these temperatures.

BTW Radarman, what keystrokes do you use to produce the "degree" character in your post?

Hold down Alt and type 248.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

In order to conserve energy last year, the electricity for my neighborhood would be turned off from 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 a.m. Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

My computer just beeps when I try and type a number with the Alt key held down. Confused

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

A few days ago it got to 98 F. In Montana.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

My computer just beeps when I try and type a number with the Alt key held down. Confused

Turn on "Num Lock" and use the keypad.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Got it. Very Happy ? + That's not the only symbol you can make either. Razz + ? o P t + G Cool.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

In order to conserve energy last year, the electricity for my neighborhood would be turned off from 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 a.m. Sad

That is the result of no power plants being built in a long while. A combination of the power industry wanting to keep supply short and prices high and the NIMBY folks.

But to get back on topic for this off topic subject, the temperature in Hollywood is 83 at 3:34PM Tee Hee

Pro Member Trainee
FlorisGroeneveld Trainee

Its very cold here, 20 nm from the UK. Its specially when we have a day when it is 35 degrees Razz

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

In Lisbon is like 95 now.

mypilot wrote:

Got it. Very Happy ? + That's not the only symbol you can make either. Razz + ? o P t + G Cool.

You can configure that so you don't have to press Alt and type 248 every single time. I have most of my characters with combinations. It's much easier to use, in my opinion.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

You're welcome.
If you want to assign a command for the characters, I think you should check in your Control Panel.

Pro Member Chief Captain

OK. Very Happy