Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

About my eyes-Obviously off-topic

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hey, my mom said today that she thought my eye whites looked sort of yellow tinted. Does this mean something bad? I searched google for a while, but got nothing.

Some info

I usually-

Have late nights

And I do smoke Sad Embarassed

Am on the PC quite a bit (FS9 is hard to put down now that I have FsP, and Battlefield 2 is cool too Very Happy)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Try to get on bed earlier.Dont stay in front of ur monitor without having a small light on.

As i can see you are wearing glasses so go meet your eyedoctor for a better advice.My short knowledges tells that maybe this cause of tired.Maybe the specific eye is more photosensitize than the other.

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have jaundice and will die, the smoking will hurry it up.

They want to rent the basement to a nice kid!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Wooooow......Did FEM gonna burn in hell??? Devil Devil Devil (black humor)

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Well, if you have no other symptoms, it is not likely to be hepatitis.

That said, I am not a doctor and don't even play one on TV. Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Alex, if you have a yellow sclera (the whites), then you have Jaundice, as RadarMan said. But you won't die. You need to go and see your doctor.
I would recommend you to go to sleep earlier, and I'm not saying to go to sleep at 2:00 am. Go to sleep at 11:15 pm at least. Your eyes need to rest. It is not good to be in front of the computer for a long time. It's not good for your eyes. What is the reason that you have to use glasses? Do you need to wear your glasses while working, playing or simming with the computer?
Also, I would highly recommend you to stop smoking. I know it's hard. Smoking can affect you, seriously...I'm not joking.

Get an appointment to see your oculist.

I am not a doctor, but I really like medicine. Before I wanted to be a pilot, I wanted to be a doctor. And that was like a year ago...maybe less. I don't have the knowledge of a professional doctor, but I know something.

This could be serious...or not. It could be a symptom of Hepatitis. But don't worry, Jaudice is not a disease. Now, if your skin gets a bit yellowish too, then that could be serious.
Here's a definition of Jaundice:

Yellowish discoloration of the whites of the eyes, skin, and mucous membranes caused by deposition of bile salts in these tissues. It occurs as a symptom of various diseases, such as hepatitis, that affect the processing of bile. Also called icterus.
(The above was taken from the link located the botton of my post)

I won't make this long, or you will hate me Laughing But take a look at this website for more information about Jaundice:

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jsessionid=1mk3ct97l4f60?tname=jaundice&curtab=1555_1&hl=jaundice&sbid=lc02b

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hey FEM

Dont terrified from our posts...Maybe we all wrong or maybe your mother didnt see your eye well.

Anyway if you notice this problem too try to give a call to your family doctor and ask his opinion.He is absolutely the best known person to give you a cause of your symptom (if it excists).

And allow me to bet that you are 100% healthy....Thats a feeling and a wish same time....

As far as about smoking you must give a try to trough it away as i try this time...I m a smoker Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed too and i hate this...and you must know that if you once have smoke you never stop to be a smoker...You will always sometimes need it but you have to fight all time with yourselve in order to win....There is no method to stop it...The only method is to persuade yourselve that it isnt needed everytime you feel that you want to smoke...Its only a bad habbit which destroy us and make rich some others...I personally do a small trick,i put in a box the money i was spend about cigarretes every day and at the end of the month i will buy a gift to myself with this....something lets say as a reward...(Maybe a higher AMD proccessor than this i already have Wink ).Try to find your trick.

I wish you and to all others good health cause this is the most valiable gift god gives us.

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

See, that's the weird thing. I don't see yellow in them, nor am I yellow in color, thus indicating jaundice. Matter of fact, I went to the eye doc last friday, and he didn't notice anything. All I got was a new perscription

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Hey FEM

Dont terrified from our posts...Maybe we all wrong or maybe your mother didnt see your eye well.

Anyway if you notice this problem too try to give a call to your family doctor and ask his opinion.He is absolutely the best known person to give you a cause of your symptom (if it excists).

And allow me to bet that you are 100% healthy....Thats a feeling and a wish same time....

As far as about smoking you must give a try to trough it away as i try this time...I m a smoker Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed too and i hate this...and you must know that if you once have smoke you never stop to be a smoker...You will always sometimes need it but you have to fight all time with yourselve in order to win....There is no method to stop it...The only method is to persuade yourselve that it isnt needed everytime you feel that you want to smoke...Its only a bad habbit which destroy us and make rich some others...I personally do a small trick,i put in a box the money i was spend about cigarretes every day and at the end of the month i will buy a gift to myself with this....something lets say as a reward...(Maybe a higher AMD proccessor than this i already have Wink ).Try to find your trick.

I wish you and to all others good health cause this is the most valiable gift god gives us.

Greekman72

There is a new method now that involves electrolysis and inverting nicotine waves in the blood and mirroring them so they cancel each other out so nicotine cells in the blood break down and leave you never ever feeling like having a cigarette ever again. Neat eh? Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Really???

Where can i find it?Electrolyse of blood?Did it has positive results all im gonna be a new ''HULK''(green monster comic and later movie) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Although if it has results without side effects it would be great.Excellent information Jon.Thanks Wink

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

See, that's the weird thing. I don't see yellow in them, nor am I yellow in color, thus indicating jaundice. Matter of fact, I went to the eye doc last friday, and he didn't notice anything. All I got was a new perscription

Can someone explain to me what is ''perscription''?
I didnt find it in the Censored dictionary Embarassed .

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks Chris

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm not too sure how it works, its quite sophisitcated. Basically, you hold one brass ball in one hand and one in another. They send pulses through the blood that exactly mirror the frequency and wavelength of the nicotine cells, so it inverts the wavelength which in effect cancels both wavelengths out. They do it on television for sound. When there is a background noise on a live program that can't be editied, they will produce the same frequency and wavelength, i.e. same sound from another source to cancel both sounds out. This has the effect to stop the impulse to smoke so you never need a cigarette again. The only side affect is that it causes the nicotine and tar in the blood stream to rise to your skin, so your skin goes black for a while and you smell of tar Puke Up , although quite a small price to pay to save your life. I'll try and find more accurate information Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Wooooow.... Very Happy

Great analyses Jon.I get the method.And i figure out that i wont become HULK.... but a dirty smelly dark creature for a while(BOYHAHAHAHA.....)Just kiding Wink .

I apriciate your help.Thanks a lot Very Happy

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Ok, getting back to Alex's eyes....

Did my post scare you or something? I scared myself with it Laughing
Anyway, if you don't see anything yellow in your eyes, that's good. And if you are not yellow in color, that's better!

And if your eye doc didn't notice anything yellow at all, that's waaayy better.

Does your eyes hurt sometimes? Do you have headaches when you're in front of the computer too much? If yes, all I recommend you is go to sleep earlier. I also have some night sleeps, but not every single day.

Guest Ed Guest

I'm sorry, but this nicotine-waves business sounds like a load of pure old-fashioned bull-crap to me. Nicotine waves? Come on. . . Rolling Eyes

Nicotine is an addictive chemical. It doesn't produce waves, it produces a chemical reaction. If by some miracle it did eliminate the nicotine from your body, your body would crave more really badly, because your body is addicted to that chemical.

Rule of thumb: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Nicotine waves. Sheesh. Rolling Eyes

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well ... i think that most safe way is the traditional method to fight with yourself and try to win...Painful but in most of cases has results...
Although scientists are in the way to find methods of helping us to through it up like the one 99jolegg have the kidness to post.

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain

Guest Ed wrote:

I'm sorry, but this nicotine-waves business sounds like a load of pure old-fashioned bull-crap to me. Nicotine waves? Come on. . . Rolling Eyes

Nicotine is an addictive chemical. It doesn't produce waves, it produces a chemical reaction. If by some miracle it did eliminate the nicotine from your body, your body would crave more really badly, because your body is addicted to that chemical.

Ed

Yeh, thats exactly what I thought, until the documentary actually followed the lives of two people who tried the "therapy". It actually worked and is based on exactly the same principle that has been used for the past 10 years. Those two people that it has been tried on have not smoke one cigarette since and have not had an urge for one, although they both smoked around 20-30 a day for the past 15 years Shocked

Thomas Cruise Mapother Guest

Maybe it's all in the mind .......

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Big truth..... Wink

Greekman72

Guest Ed Guest

99jolegg wrote:

Guest Ed wrote:

Ed

Yeh, thats exactly what I thought, until the documentary actually followed the lives of two people who tried the "therapy". It actually worked and is based on exactly the same principle that has been used for the past 10 years. Those two people that it has been tried on have not smoke one cigarette since and have not had an urge for one, although they both smoked around 20-30 a day for the past 15 years Shocked

A documentary, probably paid for by the people who are selling this snake oil? If you said it was a clinical trial of hundreds of smokers, with a control group, published in Lancet or the Journal of the American Medical Association, which showed a statistical likelihood of curing nicotine addiction, I'd be very impressed. A TV show about two people? Nah.

As far as the "therapy used for the past 10 years," people have been claiming to cure everything from cancer to impotence with electricity and magnets for about 200 years. If the web page claimed the waves would cancel out Cancer Waves and eliminate tumors, would you give them your credit card?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to jump on your case, but health fraud (and that's what this is) is something really makes me mad. It diverts people who really need help from getting the help they need, for the sole purpose of profit for the liars who perpetrate the fraud.

FEM, if you want to quit smoking, ask me to tell you all about my wife's father's last few weeks of life, while he was dying of lung cancer. It was not an existence I would wish on my worst enemy.

Ed