Thrustmaster HOTAS game port - next step?

Jim the bad Guest

I just bought a barginiferous Thrustmaster FLC16 joystick and throttle off eBay. Unfortunatly, it is a gameport interface model.
What is my best next step? Stick in an old sound card, disable the sound and use it as a game port card, or go for a Game Port -> USB adapter?
Which approach would work best? And what drivers should I use?

Thanks a lot chaps,

Jim

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Your stick has a 15pins adaptor?

Greekman72

Jim the Bad Guest

Yep!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

And your motherboard doesnt support it?I mean it doesnt have a mate 15pin female adaptor?If not try to find a USB adaptor,its easy to find it.I dont think that you need extra drivers for it.Use your joystick drivers you already have.

I have such an adaptor too in my old PC and works excellent.
Try to avoid the solution of video card.Maybe you have some conflicts.

Greekman72.

Jim the Bad Guest

No, there is no game port on my motherboard, despite it having an on-board sound card.

So, a game port to USB adapter works fine? All the features of the stick and throttle work? Fantastic, I will do that then... what make of adapter do you use?

Thanks mate
Jim

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sorry if i dissapoint you Crying or Very sad but it was about 2 years ago and i dont remember it.

Greekman72

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...