Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

embraer - how good is it?

crosscheck9 Guest

How good are the embraer aircrafts? When I fly them on the sim, they seem very efficient in fuel burn, time, etc. They have good speeds and range, and a good capacity. Why dont many of the major European and U.S carriers operate them? Are they expensive?

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

Most of the US carriers are flying Canadair's of some variety. The ERJ's do tend to cost more from what I have read.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

A ton of US and European carriers use ERJ's. Check your info. I love them especially the ERJ 145. I prefer them over CRJ's. They also look better.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Like Jared said, ERJ's are pretty popular now - used by United and Continental Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i beg to differ. i dont like them i dont think they are well made though i dont have anything to back up my opinion. i never perssonaly liked to fly them i seem to have speed control issues. also one good thing about the real jet is that they are very very quiet. if i had to chose it for my personal jet i would pick an erj just for its speed, fuel capasity, range, and sound also its comfort very cosy. but thats just my opinion see ya later

oh heres a russian word of the day Baka witch means bye so Baka
and Niet means no in russian

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

i beg to differ. i dont like them i dont think they are well made though i dont have anything to back up my opinion. i never perssonaly liked to fly them i seem to have speed control issues. also one good thing about the real jet is that they are very very quiet. if i had to chose it for my personal jet i would pick an erj just for its speed, fuel capasity, range, and sound also its comfort very cosy. but thats just my opinion see ya later

oh heres a russian word of the day Baka witch means bye so Baka
and Niet means no in russian

Well do you live in Brazil where they manufacture them. I didn't think so. They are very popular and especially the EMB-170 and 175 series now adays. If you say they have speed control issues why do you like them for their speed? And are you a ERJ pilot and no if they have speed control issues? Check your info budy.

Pro Member First Officer

The article says that the aircraft quite slippery making speed control potentially difficult.

To be honest, there are some of us here that do know alot about these aircraft since we actually fly for a living.

crosscheck9 Guest

eh..sorry guys. It's just that, when I downloaded them, I started looking for repaints, and it said KLM, British Airways, and alot of other european and U.S liveries were fictional. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the info. I was just curious

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Av8r77 wrote:

The article says that the aircraft quite slippery making speed control potentially difficult.

To be honest, there are some of us here that do know alot about these aircraft since we actually fly for a living.

number 1 that is a speed control issue on the EMB-120 not the ERJ. And there are man of us that fly for a living including me. Trust me i no my MD-80's and 717's. Go Midwest Airlines!

Pro Member First Officer

The original post was on the Embraer. It was never specified what model. He made a point about the speed control, which I knew I had heard before.

From the tone of it, I doubt your claim. You "no your MD-80's and 717's?"

Here's a simple question for ya: What increments is the Gross Weight knob calibrated in? In other words, one turn of the knob equals how many pounds?

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Which plane. #1 the 717 doesnt have a knob. you enter it in the FMC. O yeah If you wanna make your self look like a fool quiz me on the Cessna 172

Pro Member First Officer

The MD-80 does. So what's the answer?

An besides, why would I want to quiz you on a 172? Wow, a reciprocating engine, how difficult to follow the systems on that plane.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

100-1000 lbs

An besides, why would I want to quiz you on a 172? Wow, a reciprocating engine, how difficult to follow the systems on that plane

How would you no. do you fly the C172? I didnt think so and i do s keep on coming with the ?'s cause ill always be right.

Pro Member First Officer

Actually, I do fly a 172 (for leasure). In fact, I instruct in them; along with a few high performace/complex aircraft and multi-engine too.

All MD-80's Fuel Totalizer/GW knob is calibrated in 100 lbs. At 1,000 lbs, you wouldn't be able to do get anything very precise. The MD-80's FQIS isn't a very precise system in the first place, but you knew that already.

crosscheck9 Guest

yo - guys, cool it No, No! your both very educating in the world of aviation. The information and help you both gave us proves it. Lets not make this something big. Some of us know more than others regarding different things. Heck-this forum is one of the most helpful around, and both of you are great regulars. I can't say I've been as faithful, seeing as how I haven't joined, but I did before - (Im not gonna get into it...kinda forgot my username and password at the time..I was very young). Anyways, I come here to further deepen my knowledge of flight, and to relax and cool off as well. If there's gonna be a competition, let's keep it healthy guys. - now..you stand in that corner, and you stand in THAT corner Laughing