SearchSearch 

trees

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I had another lesson today. I forgot how much fun it was. 😀 We didn't do much though. Just 40 minutes. One thing I noticed though was that the flight simulator needs alot more trees. Any other real-wold pilots notice this also?

25 Responses

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Trust me ive noticed it also especially after going for my real lessons. Even if you crank up the auto gen it still isnt like real flying because you dont have building, roads, certain landmarks. BTW wut plane do u train in and where?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Here is my flying club. ➡ 😀

I've flown a Piper Arrow, C-172 and 152. I'd like to try the Symphony though.

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

WOW!

I'll tell you what, $3200 and $3560 for a Part 141 PPL and Instrument Course!!! What a deal...

When I got my PPL (uhm, somtime back) I paid almost $5000 for that rating alone and it was in a 152.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah, it is pretty inexpensive. It beats the competition next door to them. they were asking 15 dollars more per hour.

Pro Member Trainee
francesismute Trainee

Been flying since i was 13.

Youre right it needs more trees.

What aircraft are you learning in?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Normally it is a 152.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

If you were asking me also i train in the C152 but my first lesson was in a C172. I train at Timmerman Field(KMWC) at Gran-Aire www.flymilwaukee.com

Pro Member Chief Captain

I've had alot of flights that wern't really lessons. For my 10th birthday I got to go up in a 172 for 50 minutes.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Once I get a job then I'll start to go dor more lessons then. But for now i have to wait.

Pro Member Trainee
francesismute Trainee

how many hours do you both have

Pro Member Chief Captain

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

Nice...

You are well on your way since it is a Part 141 school. I looked at my old logbook the other day and was looking at the first 50 hours I flew. It was rather funny.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i only have 0.5 hours logged time. I have just started though.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Good luck. 😀 It's alot of fun. 😀

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

So far its been a blast. My first lesson was in 90 degree weather so it was soooo hard to get down to land. But once I get a job in a couple months I'll start back up again.

Why have you started so early? You cant solo until your 16, and you cant get your license until your 17...

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

I don't want to rush trough this. I'm only 15 so I'll have 2 years to get 39.5 more hours logged. And I aint rich so I can't go whenever I feel like it. I need to save money then go. Plue I have to go to ground school first then actual flying lessons. Plus I have a very busy life with friends and sports.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Why have you started so early? You cant solo until your 16, and you cant get your license until your 17...

I take flight lessons too, I'm only 13. I've logged 8.2 hrs. I think the reason that people take them so early is because it's go darn fun. I save up 115 bucks and I have nothing els to do with my money so I spend it on flight lessons. I could save it, but I woud just preferr to spend it on flight lessons. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

SamIntel. That is the same here. Once I save up money I will go to take lessons with a CFI. Also have you taken ground school yet. Don't you need about 10 hours of it? Since you are about 19 hours in, what do you do different during the lesson since day one. Does the CFI let you takeoff and land yet?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Me, I would always sit down with my instructor and spend 15-20 minutes discussing what we wnet over in my lesson. Does that count as ground school? My first few flights wern't really lessons though.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

No the ground school would be considered like practicing takiing the plane and basic ground stuff. At MWC it is a class that you have to sign up for.

Pro Member Chief Captain

My flying club had something like that but my parents pretty much forgot about it.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Do you have to get hours of ground training to get your license? Or is it just something extra?

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Jared wrote:

SamIntel. That is the same here. Once I save up money I will go to take lessons with a CFI. Also have you taken ground school yet. Don't you need about 10 hours of it? Since you are about 19 hours in, what do you do different during the lesson since day one. Does the CFI let you takeoff and land yet?

Yea, I take ground school. It's fun. But can be very difficult. This is stuff that you won't learn of FS.
You don't need a special amount of hours of ground school, you just need a sing off by a ground school instructor.
I do take off and land. He helps with the landing. I know I could do it by myself, but he still helps me.

Pro Member Chief Captain

My first landing I didn't think he'd let me do it, I kept waiting for him to take the controls away from me. I was nervous, I first over flared, then bounced when I did get it to the ground. He still helps me also.