Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

automated weather

spuddi Guest

I flew an IFR flight from Malaga (south spain) to fes (morocco). when I got halfway acroos the stratits of gibraltar. I got handed over to casablanca center on 125.10. I was given an instruction by casablanca but I was unable to respond because there was an automatic weather service constantly looping round for GMFU. The ATC was able to send me messages but I could not respond whilst the AWS was bleating on ( i just kept getting the squelch noise).
In the end the ATC canceld my IFR because I never got back to it and I had to go VFR to fes and then request a full stop.

Can some one head out over morocco tune to 125.10 and see if this is a bug in the sim or if it is peculiar to mine?

you would expect it to give you a few seconds before it loops around again.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

That must be an FS2004 bug. Someone else put up a somewhat similar post last month concerning ATC and flying over that area of North Africa.

spuddi Guest

oh yeah I found the post:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6595/automated-weather-observation/
it looks from that post that mypilot was able to get his reply to atc in but I never could. ah well they, can't get everything perfect.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I wrote that post, as you noticed.
Anyway, I think it is a bug too. But the bug is that the automated weather repeats that like 20 times and then the message dissapears.
When I was making that flight, I tuned a frequency and then, in a few minutes, that automated weather started to annoy me. I didn't have the flight plan canceled. I don't remember if I was able to contact ATC, but I am sure that I didn't lost my IFR flight plan.

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

That's happened to me once. What I do is just ignore what ATC tells me when I cross Casablanca, and i dont tune into it until when im out of that airspace or almost out.